Providers going UTR - who cares?

I see a few providers have been posting that they are going Under The Radar and are counting down the days till they go under the radar.

What exactly does Under the Radar mean? What's the advantage?

Is it just a silly marketing gimmick to drum up new business?
Yes. And if they do indeed go through w it, it just means they are going to take down most of what they can, and stop posting all together. Or “go in hiding” on the board, but still see clients by word of mouth, or who hit her up privately.

If they never actually do, yes, it’s a plug.
Or “go in hiding” on the board, but still see clients by word of mouth, or who hit her up privately. Originally Posted by Ez5417

+1

If you're really, really nice to them, they find a way to stay in touch with you!
Yes sir.
Yes. And if they do indeed go through w it, it just means they are going to take down most of what they can, and stop posting all together. Or “go in hiding” on the board, but still see clients by word of mouth, or who hit her up privately.

If they never actually do, yes, it’s a plug. Originally Posted by Ez5417
You always keep it real.
it’s probably a marketing ploy and im sure it’s no different than claiming to be retiring soon, or getting married to a millionaire or ranting about how trolls get the first 30-mins free.

before you know it, BANNED will be the new UTR...
Welp, that’s the first thing we can agree on.

Miracles do happen.
Scarcity and FOMO are powerful marketing tools.
I guess they can be, but if you look at the page/view count on those UTR ads they are very low compared to the ads above and below it.

So its not even powerful enough to have people click the ad to view it.

In fact, the 2 ads with the lowest view counts on this page

https://eccie.net/forumdisplay.php?f...er=desc&page=2

are for the "last days here" and "going UTR" ads.
More to the point, perhaps, is the WHY some companions are seeking more anonymity.

Some tell me it is anxiety about potential of possible outing and stalking.Others have told me they feel very disrespected.

The reality for the most part it is companions are individual people with all the needs and complexities associated with both the RW and the hobbyverse and all the complications that can happen when the two intersect -- or collide -- as may be.

ijs
Very true. It’s happened once to me. Many years ago. But not 127 times ck. You’re either scared of something or constantly tryin to avoid something that’s NOT very scary, and rather... confrontational.

( I mean pertaining to your reply, there are clearly a hundred other reasonings but this is just to your comment)