New York Times executive editor explains why they changed 'bad' headline for Trump cover story

I find this quite interesting. the NY Times is facing backlash .. and caved in like pussies over it .. for this "BAD" headline ..

"TRUMP URGES UNITY VS. RACISM"

oh yeah .. that's BAD isn't it? it's racist! insensitive! immoral!

NOT. it was actually a message of optimism about the recent shootings. But apparently the Times can't print anything remotely good that Trump says without getting called out for it .. by leftist politicians and others. who themselves are pushing leftist hard-line messages. They just won't tolerate any positive message by that Evil Trump!!!

i find this a shining example of Karma. the NY Times has relentless pushed false and fake negative news since Trump began his run for President. Now their base DEMANDS it.

https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/n...mp-cover-story

New York Times executive editor explains why they changed 'bad' headline for Trump cover story

by John Gage | August 06, 2019 01:26 PM

New York Times Executive Editor Dean Baquet said the publication changed a controversial front page headline in the wake of President Trump's speech on last weekend's mass shootings.

"It was written on deadline and when it was passed along for approval we all saw it was a bad headline and changed it pretty quickly," Baquet told the Daily Beast Tuesday. "I understand the concern people have. Headlines matter. But I hope they read the coverage, which I will argue was strong."

A representative for the publication said the headline in question "TRUMP URGES UNITY VS. RACISM" was "clearly flawed" but that it had been changed for every edition but the first.

The headline change followed criticism of the Times by a handful of liberal pundits and Democratic presidential candidates.
Lives literally depend on you doing better, NYT. Please do. https://t.co/L4CpCb8zLi
— Cory Booker (@CoryBooker) August 6, 2019
Unbelievable. https://t.co/rLgaacttDS
— Beto O'Rourke (@BetoORourke) August 6, 2019
I canceled my subscription. I know a lot of folks will tell me I'm wrong. I will miss it. But I can't keep rewarding such awful news judgment. "Trump Urges Unity Against Racism" is almost as bad as their full-page Comey letter coverage just before 2016 election. Nobody learns. https://t.co/FNUyXN9TmB

— Joan Walsh (@joanwalsh) August 6, 2019
The New York Times changed its headline for the second edition, but this is the one that landed on our doorstep & is displayed in storefronts throughout our majority-black zip code. What a betrayal, pretending this president is not the racist we know him to be. pic.twitter.com/qEaj0HJqK2

— Connie Schultz (@ConnieSchultz) August 6, 2019
The Times replaced the original headline with "ASSAILING HATE BUT NOT GUNS."

The headline followed President Trump's response to mass shootings in El Paso, Texas, and Dayton, Ohio.

In a speech after the shootings, the president condemned white supremacy, calling it a "sinister" ideology.

Trump urged lawmakers to pass gun background checks in tweets before his speech but did not talk about potential solutions during the speech.
They changed it because the left went ape shit. They folded like a lawn chair. How dare the Libtard Bible tell the truth about Trump.
So you cut and paste a story from the Washington Examiner to make your point.

Originally Posted by Yssup Rider

yes i did. know why? they don't require a subscription which i don't want to pay for. does it make it any less true??? or just free?

you are so predictable it's .. ironic!

BAHHAHAAAAA
  • oeb11
  • 08-06-2019, 03:19 PM

Originally Posted by Yssup Rider

Not a word about the content and substance of the Original Post.

Just an insult against the Washington Examiner and poster.

Not Cogent, substantive, constructive,
Just argumentative and foolish post.

Typical of the DPST's - they are making a real effort to realize the society of the "Idiocracy" movie .

poster won't understand - so I note the reply - "Ignore'!
NYT has a very long history of lying and ignorance ,, Read Beyond Belief ,,,,
  • oeb11
  • 08-07-2019, 09:05 AM
And a very capitalist take on readership - try and read articles online - they will charge You.

Damned if i will give them One darn Dime!
yes i did. know why? they don't require a subscription which i don't want to pay for. does it make it any less true??? or just free?

you are so predictable it's .. ironic!

BAHHAHAAAAA Originally Posted by The_Waco_Kid
He believes in freedom of the press.