I just signed a 3 month lease in the West Houston area so I will NO longer be hosting in the Downtown/Midtown area

* With all the new rules, I hope this is okay to post *

I just wanted to let everyone know that from here through the foreseeable future, I will no longer be in the Downtown area.

On the 1st of this month I signed a 3 month lease in the Energy Corridor & if things go well, I'll continue to live there.

While I love everything about Downtown, I am no longer able to justify (& afford) the expense of two separate units, one to live in & one to work in.

Before I became a mommy I simply rented a 2/2 Downtown & lived in one room while I had an office in the other, but since I returned to the industry in 2016 I have had to keep two separate units (one home and one office) in two separate buildings & it's just become too much for me to handle.

It doesn't help that rent has sky rocketed Downtown either.

In 2008 I was paying around $1,700 for a 2/2 in a nice brand new building. Then 2/2's starting increasing to $2,000. Then $2,200. Then $2,700. Then $3,000.

Now $3,000 - $3,600 is normal rent for a 2/2 Downtown & 1/1's are around $1,800 - $2,200. Plus, these aren't even in top of the line highrises or midrises. These are in the pretty run of the mill condos & apartments Downtown.

On a closing note, I'd just like to thank everyone that supported me over the years.

I hope the Westside treats me well & I look forward to creating many new memories at my new place.

Sincerely,
Brooke
Hi Brooke...

I had to make a few corrections. I hope you enjoy your new office.

Smooch!

Lea
See you soon then. My area
Think about buying a small home rather than paying rent.
Man why the whole action in west houston? I work and stay on the east houston, is a pain in the ass dealing with traffic going to west..... lol
$3000 for a 2/2 apartment is cheap. Tell that to the people who live in San Francisco/ San Jose who pay $4000 for a less than 300SF studio apartments.

All those Califorians moving east!
Closer to me too.....
Probably because there are tons of businesses on the west end now. But I still go to the east
West side is great!
  • RoxyG
  • 09-07-2019, 04:13 PM
Memorial City to Katy is great... its always been my preferred area.