Manufacturing jobs down in Swing States

• WTF
  • 02-09-2020, 03:17 PM
The manufacturing jobs are here, unfortunately they are staffed by robots, not people.

I saw a special on the discovery channel a year or so ago featuring a modern manufacturing and assembly facility of a major auto supplier.

There were hardly any humans in the building.
The manufacturing jobs are here, unfortunately they are staffed by robots, not people.

I saw a special on the discovery channel a year or so ago ...

There were hardly any humans in the building. Originally Posted by Jackie S
They were in the "other" building.
When my TDS friends start talking about this, I ask them if the US should be manufacturing generic tshirts. It is an interesting question in that tshirts made in the US would cost much more than tshirts made overseas. Tshirts are a universally required commodity(rich, middle class, poor).

Repatriating the tshirt industry would essentially regressively tax the poor.

We are at full employment. That is a fundamentally stupid idea.

Even if we were not at full employment, it would be a fundamentally stupid idea.

Places like China and India have hordes of people who want to produce material wealth so they, and their children can consume material wealth.

In the US, by developing new technology, produces 100's of times more value per job than the fella in India sitting at his village's communal cook pot. Those who wish to compete, on an hourly basis, with that fella are stupid. They are fundamentally, totally, and completely stupid.

Also, by not letting him make tshirts, one almost guarantees that he will try to emigrate(I would). Where would I attempt to emigrate if I were him? The answer is self evident.

The fact that leftist lament a society producing more material wealth with less labor is utterly telling. The material wealth of the US has grown because of just such activity. The programs that the left want to impose on our society cost money, and that money is only available through increased productivity.
  • WTF
  • 02-09-2020, 04:23 PM

I saw a special on the discovery channel a year or so ago featuring a modern manufacturing and assembly facility of a major auto supplier.

There were hardly any humans in the building. Originally Posted by Jackie S
Trump campaigned on adding manufacturing jobs. Clinton tried to point out the very fact you are talking about.

Are you Trump voters now parroting Clintons campaign rhetoric?

My point is that Swing States will decide who our next President is and this is not a good sign for Trump.

I'm not saying it precludes him from being elected but it is way more relevant than Nancy tearing up a piece of paper.
Trump campaigned on adding manufacturing jobs. Clinton tried to point out the very fact you are talking about.

Are you Trump voters now parroting Clintons campaign rhetoric?

My point is that Swing States will decide who our next President is and this is not a good sign for Trump.

I'm not saying it precludes him from being elected but it is way more relevant than Nancy tearing up a piece of paper. Originally Posted by WTF
When Jefferson was President, 98% of the people were farmers, usually barely making it.

Now it is like 1% of the population.

As someone who employs people I can say I would rather employ a machine. They don't come in late, usually work without complaint, and don't go on strike for bullshit like affirmative action.

As long as this country remains populated by lazy motherfuckers who vote for the brain dead Democrats, successful companies will keep innovating people out of jobs.
Seems our non-valued poster WTF should chose a better news source other than CNN the Comedy News Network which we all know hates Trump like all the cupcake poster's here in the eccie political forum, I work in aircraft and like the automotive industries that have sent jobs to Mexico India and China for the cheap labor! but with whats going on in China and the new trade agreement with Mexico those jobs are finding their way back to the USA! Say what you want WTF more jobs are being added every month less people are living on welfare and food stamps there will be less demand for section 8 housing
MSNBC is better
MSDNC is better at leftist propaganda Originally Posted by matchingmole

ftfy
This prez has made so many at the top rich enough to not have to look for work.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9J6casmWiSI
WTF, assuming you are correct about manufacturing jobs which left wing candidate could do better? Are they gonna tell them to learn code? There will always be people unhappy with their situation but the US has full employment under Trump. Each one of the left wing loons will destroy that.
This prez has made so many at the top rich enough to not have to look for work.

Originally Posted by eccieuser9500
The stupidity of this propaganda is astounding.

1) People choose to work, or not work, depending upon the comparative benefit of doing so. Married couples are a perfect example of this at work.

When the benefits of not working are greater than the benefits of working, a substantial portion of the population will choose not to create wealth that is measureable and taxable.

See: Welfare, foodstamp, public housing, obamacare, et.al.

I have a friend who is going to make the amount to not exceed to obamacare threshhold. He is easily capable of creating twice the value for our economy, but chooses not to because the incremental cash he gets is negligible for the effort he would have to apply.

I have many acquaintances that will only work for cash because a real paycheck would be counterproductive.

2) The "good jobs" were not destroyed by Government or corporate malfeasance, they were destroyed by gains in efficiency driven by oversees competition. "Handwork" by Americans is prohibitively expensive as compared to other low developed country populations. That isn't a bad thing, but those handwork jobs are gone, were not saveable, and are not recoverable.

We make more steel now that we did in the 70's, with 15% of the labor(in manhours). Is this a bad thing. You buddy would say so. That is stupid beyond comprehension.

What we need to do is ensure that we have continuous technology development so that the 3rd world labor force adds value to our economy as they add value to their own. The leftist who would destroy this concept(private enterprise and initiative) are truly dangerous, and in my opinion, traitors to our society.
  • WTF
  • 02-09-2020, 06:40 PM

As long as this country remains populated by lazy motherfuckers who vote for the brain dead Democrats, successful companies will keep innovating people out of jobs. Originally Posted by friendly fred
Successful companies will always use automation to their advantage, as they should.

The most productive worker will not out produce a machine.

I thought you'd know that.

Trump was the one promising to bring back those jobs. Not me...or Hillary for that matter. She partly got beat because she didn't try and pander.

My point was that in SWING STATES where that promise was made by Trump, it could hurt him in his reelection if that promise isn't kept. It does not matter what the rest of the country is doing...the SWING STATES matter in the Presidential election because of the EC.
  • WTF
  • 02-09-2020, 06:42 PM
WTF, assuming you are correct about manufacturing jobs which left wing candidate could do better? Originally Posted by Budman
None Budman.

If they say so, they will be lying like Trump did.

Also it isn't me saying that...it is just a fact according to the numbers.
Trump is bringing high value manufacturing jobs back to this country. More importantly, Trump is bringing back high value manufacturing to this country.

The number of jobs created by that movement will be modest, because labor is very expensive here.

The value created will be enormous, and will fund a substantial amount of free shit for parasites.

The fact is that, if illegal immigration is curtailed, low value added skilled(responsibility taking) labor in the US will be non-existent.(this is a good thing)

Unskilled labor is bound to work at Mc's, and it is their choice to do so.

The second most important thing Trump did was to lower the corporate income tax rate. This has caused, and will cause, companies to create value adding infrastructure in the US. The tax rate prior were so high that no company could afford a project that took more than a year to install because the returns and political risks were so lousy.

If you check out the S&P dividend(which is directly and perpetually affected by the corporate income tax rates) you will see what I mean. It was the single most important positive economic change in our society since Reagan.