lustylad....do you remember the Sugar High?

• WTF
  • 02-12-2020, 09:42 AM
Sure do.

If it was only a short-term buzz, then why isn't the economy tanking now?

Admit it - you would be ecstatic if a dim-retard was running for re-election on trumpy's economic numbers!

Those pushing the “sugar high” fallacy also don’t realize that the Trump tax cuts aren’t going away soon. The 2017 business tax cuts can’t cause a recession in 2019 or 2020 because they don’t expire until 2025. They aren’t sugar pills.
  • WTF
  • 02-12-2020, 02:11 PM
Sure do.

Admit it - you would be ecstatic if a dim-retard was running for re-election on trumpy's economic numbers!

Those pushing the “sugar high” fallacy also don’t realize that the Trump tax cuts aren’t going away soon. The 2017 business tax cuts can’t cause a recession in 2019 or 2020 because they don’t expire until 2025. They aren’t sugar pills. Originally Posted by lustylad
I can play your game...

If the economy is so good...how come Trump keeps screaming for the Fed to cut rates?
  • WTF
  • 02-12-2020, 02:16 PM
Your fallacy is not understanding the Sugar High...
https://www.forbes.com/sites/patrick...ic-sugar-high/
I can play your game...

If the economy is so good...how come Trump keeps screaming for the Fed to cut rates? Originally Posted by WTF
Sounds like some people here need to enroll in college and take Econ 101 for a minimum understanding of what is going on. This is high school level stuff. Hell, I had some of this stuff in the 5th grade.

Understand, that fewer taxes for business means that the money is spent on other things, like wages. Every time it is spent, it gets taxed. Duh! The taxes are cut, the economy grows, and the government gets more money than it did with high taxes. Basic shit, why don't the dumbo Democraps get it? Why, because they stated in today's news that they "want the whole pie".

• WTF
  • 02-12-2020, 06:52 PM
Sounds like some people here need to enroll in college and take Econ 101 for a minimum understanding of what is going on. This is high school level stuff. Hell, I had some of this stuff in the 5th grade.

Understand, that fewer taxes for business means that the money is spent on other things, like wages. Every time it is spent, it gets taxed. Duh! The taxes are cut, the economy grows, and the government gets more money than it did with high taxes. Basic shit, why don't the dumbo Democraps get it? Why, because they stated in today's news that they "want the whole pie".

Originally Posted by JRLawrence
So under your bullshit....if we cut taxes to 1% we'd have booming tax revenues!?

Like I suspected none of you Laffer freaks have a clue as to what the actual curve means.
I can play your game...

If the economy is so good...how come Trump keeps screaming for the Fed to cut rates? Originally Posted by WTF

maybe this will help you out. perhaps it's because many nations have implemented negative interests rates and if the US don't respond it puts us at a competitive disadvantage?

Five central banks have interest rates set below zero:
  • Japan: -0.10%
  • Sweden: -0.30%
  • European Central Bank: -0.40%
  • Denmark: -0.70%
  • Switzerland: -0.80%
https://markets.businessinsider.com/...9-8-1028516867

Trump has ramped up calls for negative interest rates. Here's what they are and why they matter.
negative interest rates seems like a weird idea.. it sounded like a banking scam.

you're basically paying an a interest rate to hold a bank product. how so you make money from it, that part I don't get.
  • oeb11
  • 02-13-2020, 09:33 AM
Account holders get screwed - banks profit bigly.

It is a big bank - Fascist DPST scam.
  • WTF
  • 02-13-2020, 10:22 AM
maybe this will help you out. perhaps it's because many nations have implemented negative interests rates and if the US don't respond it puts us at a competitive disadvantage?

Five central banks have interest rates set below zero:
  • Japan: -0.10%
  • Sweden: -0.30%
  • European Central Bank: -0.40%
  • Denmark: -0.70%
  • Switzerland: -0.80%
https://markets.businessinsider.com/...9-8-1028516867

Trump has ramped up calls for negative interest rates. Here's what they are and why they matter. Originally Posted by The_Waco_Kid
What are the Chinese rates....do you know?

Also....if our economy is doing so good, why are we having to spur it with low rates and QE that we aren't calling QE?

Riddle me that Wacko...
  • WTF
  • 02-13-2020, 10:24 AM
Sure do.

] Originally Posted by lustylad
Why is Trump screaming for lower rates and QE if the economy is doing so great?

Riddle me that lystylaffer.
  • oeb11
  • 02-13-2020, 10:37 AM
Poor ftw - still desperately seeking recession!!
Or even depression to elect Bernie - ftw's economic savior by nationalizing all means of production.

Thank you ftw/
  • WTF
  • 02-13-2020, 11:17 AM
Poor ftw - still desperately seeking recession!!
Or even depression to elect Bernie - ftw's economic savior by nationalizing all means of production.

Thank you ftw/ Originally Posted by oeb11
Do you remember Trump saying those in a strong cash position can make a lot of money in a recession?
Do you remember Trump saying those in a strong cash position can make a lot of money in a recession? Originally Posted by WTF

why thank yous Captain Obvious! even average investors know that a market correction is a buy opportunity to get blue chips at a discount.

big players like Buffet rally the market by buying when there is a correction.

butt yous knew that, right?
Account holders get screwed - banks profit bigly.

It is a big bank - Fascist DPST scam. Originally Posted by oeb11
Wrong. The main source of profit for most banks is their "net interest margin". That's the difference (or the spread) between the rate they pay depositors and the rate they earn on loans. During periods of low and/or negative interest rates, bank margins tend to be compressed and their profits are squeezed.