URL / Website: https://austin.rubratings.com/166992
City: Austin
State: Texas
Address: North Austin
Activities: Wasting lots of time
Hair Length and Color: Unknown
Smoking Status: I Couldn't Tell
Ethnic Background: -
Physical Description: Was not able to see her in person so I am unsure what she looks like.
Recommendation: No
Sorry for the experience. That page you linked literally says "don't send money in advance... its a scam." Very likely you weren't event talking to a women.
Lesson learned. Thanks for sharing. I had the same experience with RubRatings, although I never paid a cent. When I got to the apartment complex she provided, she told me to send her $$ over a cash app before I got the room number. I told her all I had was cash. She insisted on the cash app so I bailed, She wasted 20 minutes of my time traveling to the purported incall, but got no $$ from me.

There seems to be A LOT of scammer accounts on RR right now. General (not always 100%) indicators of a likely scammer:
- mentions sex acts in the ad
- no reviews anywhere

- has HOT pictures, often very graphic

- non TX area codes (not in your case)

- googling phone number shows no other ads on other hobby sites
- often has typos or weird wording in the ads
- tineye'ing the pics are often coming up clean in many cases, so scammers are getting better about using someone else's pics in their ads

NEVER, NEVER, NEVER, pay without seeing the person.
There's a hilarious story sequence on the national board's sugar baby forum. A scammer (St. Louis) walked out to the guy's car after he arrived, holding a laundry basket, and said that she needed $50 or something to pay the baby sitter. She even told him he could hang onto the laundry till she got right back. Of course the guy declined to hold the laundry, and gave her the cash. Of course she never came back and never answered his texts.

The story gets better. Another guy read this and decided to fuck with her. He showed up early at the apartment complex and parked up the street. She pulled up in front of the complex, but didn't see him. He let her know he'd arrived, so she asked where he was parked. When he said "street side", she whipped a u-turn in front of him and parked on the other side of the complex, with a gf in the car. Then he drove down to the front. She walked THROUGH the complex from the other side holding a laundry basket, whereupon he drove off. The guy said that she kept trying to reach him to ask him what's up, go figure.

OP, I hope this story makes you feel a little better. I won't say that you're a dumbass, because that would be piling on and adding to your inner voices telling you the same thing (hopefully).
Lesson learned. Thanks for sharing. I had the same experience with RubRatings, although I never paid a cent. When I got to the apartment complex she provided, she told me to send her $$ over a cash app before I got the room number. I told her all I had was cash. She insisted on the cash app so I bailed, She wasted 20 minutes of my time traveling to the purported incall, but got no $$ from me.

There seems to be A LOT of scammer accounts on RR right now. General (not always 100%) indicators of a likely scammer:
- mentions sex acts in the ad
- no reviews anywhere

- has HOT pictures, often very graphic

- non TX area codes (not in your case)

- googling phone number shows no other ads on other hobby sites
- often has typos or weird wording in the ads
- tineye'ing the pics are often coming up clean in many cases, so scammers are getting better about using someone else's pics in their ads

NEVER, NEVER, NEVER, pay without seeing the person. Originally Posted by EagleEye
Exactly! They try to get you to send them money once you arrive knowing that you just spent the time to drive there. Such a scam... and I sadly fell for it. I was thinking at that time... well, it's only $50 bucks to potentially find a diamond.
There's a hilarious story sequence on the national board's sugar baby forum. A scammer (St. Louis) walked out to the guy's car after he arrived, holding a laundry basket, and said that she needed $50 or something to pay the baby sitter. She even told him he could hang onto the laundry till she got right back. Of course the guy declined to hold the laundry, and gave her the cash. Of course she never came back and never answered his texts.

The story gets better. Another guy read this and decided to fuck with her. He showed up early at the apartment complex and parked up the street. She pulled up in front of the complex, but didn't see him. He let her know he'd arrived, so she asked where he was parked. When he said "street side", she whipped a u-turn in front of him and parked on the other side of the complex, with a gf in the car. Then he drove down to the front. She walked THROUGH the complex from the other side holding a laundry basket, whereupon he drove off. The guy said that she kept trying to reach him to ask him what's up, go figure.

OP, I hope this story makes you feel a little better. I won't say that you're a dumbass, because that would be piling on and adding to your inner voices telling you the same thing (hopefully). Originally Posted by TravelingTex
haha... thanks for sharing