Yale has a big fat fucking problem!

An excerpt from Wikipedia

"The records of this period mention a flourishing slave trade in Madras, a trade in which Yale participated and from which he profited. He enforced a law that at least ten slaves should be carried on every ship bound for Europe. In his capacity as judge he also on several occasions sentenced so-called "black criminals" to whipping and enslavement. When the demand began to increase rapidly, the English merchants even began to kidnap young children and deport them to distant parts of the world, very much against their will. At a time when profits from the slave trade were dwindling and pressure from the Mughal government to stop the enslavement was mounting, the administration of Fort St George eventually stepped in and introduced laws to curb enslavement.[5]"

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Elihu_Yale

That motherfucker was a slave trader!!

This is not even disputed.

Those snowflakes need to rename that shithole immediately.

As Ann Coulter suggested, they should name it Simpson University, in honor of another famous black man unjustly accused of a crime...
I doubt 99 percent of the graduates of Yale have a clue who Yale was.

I am a pretty astute student of History, and this is news to me.

It will be interesting to see left’s reaction.
An excerpt from Wikipedia

"The records of this period mention a flourishing slave trade in Madras, a trade in which Yale participated and from which he profited. He enforced a law that at least ten slaves should be carried on every ship bound for Europe. In his capacity as judge he also on several occasions sentenced so-called "black criminals" to whipping and enslavement. When the demand began to increase rapidly, the English merchants even began to kidnap young children and deport them to distant parts of the world, very much against their will. At a time when profits from the slave trade were dwindling and pressure from the Mughal government to stop the enslavement was mounting, the administration of Fort St George eventually stepped in and introduced laws to curb enslavement.[5]"

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Elihu_Yale

That motherfucker was a slave trader!!

This is not even disputed.

Those snowflakes need to rename that shithole immediately.

As Ann Coulter suggested, they should name it Simpson University, in honor of another famous black man unjustly accused of a crime... Originally Posted by friendly fred
And this

https://news.harvard.edu/gazette/sto...es-to-slavery/
  • oeb11
  • 06-19-2020, 08:17 AM
LibDPST- thy Mode is Hypocrisy!!!!
both Harvard and Yale should be shut down - closed and their lands and endowments donated immediately in reparations to OBLM!!
They must immediately make amends for their Oppressions and being Oppressors!
And this

https://news.harvard.edu/gazette/sto...es-to-slavery/ Originally Posted by Jackie S
Excellent citation.
LibDPST- thy Mode is Hypocrisy!!!!
both Harvard and Yale should be shut down - closed and their lands and endowments donated immediately in reparations to OBLM!!
They must immediately make amends for their Oppressions and being Oppressors! Originally Posted by oeb11
I completely agree!
none of this should matter other than as an understanding of history

but it does and will all the more as time goes by
  • oeb11
  • 06-19-2020, 10:04 AM
Agreed - NGIT - .

ah, but the LibDPST's and the PC culture tearing down Confederate statues to protest "slavery and racism" - hw will the Lib Media react to this - the racist slaver holding history of Harvard and Yale???

In their usual fashion - deep six what is not their narrative.

Hypocrites.
I doubt 99 percent of the graduates of Yale have a clue who Yale was.

I am a pretty astute student of History, and this is news to me.

It will be interesting to see left’s reaction. Originally Posted by Jackie S

I consider myself to be the same but this was also news to me.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/jplehma.../#7b90fa656c8e

Oxford students are currently leading the “Rhodes Must Fall Movement.” They demand that the statue of Cecil Rhodes should be removed from its niche at Oriel College (to which he gave substantial endowments) above Oxford High Street. Cecil Rhodes (1853-1902) is one of the greatest – “great in the sense of big, not necessarily in the sense of good – iconic figures of both global capitalism and British imperialism. He is especially known for his business and political exploits in sub-Saharan Africa. The erstwhile British colony of Rhodesia, which became an unrecognized state following the unilateral declaration of independence (UDI) by a white minority government between 1965 and 1979, was named after him; it is now called Zimbabwe.

As the British empire – over which ultimately the sun never set – spread across continents, there was some debate among its promoters about its principal motivation and goal. Surely, the imperial ideologues argued, it was not just materialistic greed. Was it not more about patriotism aiming to bring to the world the benefits of British civilization? “Take up the White Man’s burden, Send forth the best ye breed,” intoned Rudyard Kipling in his famous poem first published in 1899. Rhodes’ undaunted belief in English racial superiority can be illustrated by many quotes, including: “Remember that you are an Englishman, and have consequently won first prize in the lottery of life.” Rhodes’ combining capitalism and imperialism is succinctly and encapsulated in one of his famous aphorisms: “patriotism is fine, but patriotism plus five percent is even better!”

Cecil Rhodes was a capitalist, an imperialist and a racist. Of course, these are grounds to tear down the statue. But why stop there? Should one not also tear down all statues and portraits of Queen Victoria (aka Empress of India), who reigned from 1837 to 1901, covering a span of over four decades during which Britain dramatically extended its empire, including through the Opium Wars in China (1839-1860), the brutal suppression of the Indian Rebellion (1857) and the Scramble for Africa (from 1881), and hence its subjection of peoples, throughout much of Asia and Africa?
As one "leader" of BLM said "everything must be torn down and start from scratch" and there is no doubt in my mind that she meant that literally.
  • oeb11
  • 06-19-2020, 10:35 AM
HF- Thanks - it is a statement of what representative democracy faces - Violent revolutionaries intent on burning the entire nation to the ground.

Putin and Xi are laughing at America - being destroyed from within and they don't have to lift a finger to see US fall.
As long as the agitators are trying to get fully torqued-up, they might as well go after Stanford University.

After all, founder Leland Stanford was not only a sleazy crony capitalist and "robber baron," but a virulent racist as well.

From the following book:

The Golden State in the Civil War: Thomas Starr King, the Republican Party, and the Birth of Modern California (by Glenna Matthews)

"I am campaigning for the cause of the white man."
-- Leland Stanford, during his run for the governorship of California in 1859

Oops! Looks like Leland Stanford, in addition to his well-chronicled disdain for Chinese immigrants ("degraded" people, in his words), he apparently didn't much care for anyone who was nonwhite.

Does this sound like a man whose legacy should be allowed to exist by today's "woke" students?

Maybe huge protests in Palo Alto and San Jose will be next in the hit parade!

As long as the agitators are trying to get fully torqued-up, they might as well go after Stanford University.

After all, founder Leland Stanford was not only a sleazy crony capitalist and "robber baron," but a virulent racist as well.

From the following book:

The Golden State in the Civil War: Thomas Starr King, the Republican Party, and the Birth of Modern California (by Glenna Matthews)

"I am campaigning for the cause of the white man."
-- Leland Stanford, during his run for the governorship of California in 1859

Oops! Looks like Leland Stanford, in addition to his well-chronicled disdain for Chinese immigrants ("degraded" people, in his words), he apparently didn't much care for anyone who was nonwhite.

Does this sound like a man whose legacy should be allowed to exist by today's "woke" students?

Maybe huge protests in Palo Alto and San Jose will be next in the hit parade!

. Originally Posted by CaptainMidnight
They should cancel that fucker too but technically the overrated place is named after his son Leland Stanford Junior.
They should cancel that fucker too but technically the overrated place is named after his son Leland Stanford Junior. Originally Posted by friendly fred

Although it was named after Leland Jr., it was founded "in his honor" by his parents. The kid died as a teenager and before the university was founded.

Another weird story involves Jane Stanford, the wife of the elder Leland. She was murdered some years later under mysterious circumstances. The newspapers of the day were filled with stories of jury-tampering and other shenanigans at her accused murderer's trial.

Recently came news that the iconic song The Eyes of Texas is "racist." (It's been sung by Longhorns fans after every home football game for generations.)

https://www.texasmonthly.com/the-cul...s-song-racist/

What in the wide, wide world of sports is a-goin' on here?"

• oeb11
  • 06-19-2020, 01:48 PM
Anything not Black Panther approved is White Supremacist Racist.

Including Abraham Lincoln!! So Sayeth the OBLM.