Fired for the color of their skin.

Sad times indeed...
Attached Images File Type: jpg 104079773_3410622885615905_4016308116867724631_n.jpg (79.5 KB, 79 views)
  • oeb11
  • 06-20-2020, 09:40 AM
PC culture runs rampant - as does their LibDPST idiotology.
Was out bending elbows with folks that are in the hospitality supplies industry and the common consensus was:
WTF are they doing throwing away a premium branding label?
There's NFW whatever they replace it with be able to get the same premium pricing on the supermarket shelves.
And, it will give the supermarket owners a chance to carve out some shelf space for another competitor (if you folks don't understand how supermarket shelf space is allocated to various vendor products go look it up).

Crass as the following sounds, maybe they should have gone with: "we are proud that our brand carries these images/labels/figures as that celebrates the accomplishments of .....
  • oeb11
  • 06-20-2020, 01:02 PM
The LibDPST and OBLM Mob rules!
Until people stand up to them - they will continue to run riot.
I use Bisquick for my pancakes and I stopped eating rice ( too many carbs ) when I became pre-diabetic which I have since fixed, so no skin off my nose. I hope it doesn't affect the royalties to the families of Aunt J and Uncle B.
How about losing your job because your son is the cop that shot Brooks in Atlanta?

https://www.11alive.com/article/news...b-e70f29a756a7

Atlanta-based Equity Prime Mortgage (EPM) has terminated Melissa Rolfe, the mother of former Atlanta Police officer Garrett Rolfe, from her position with their firm.

Garrett Rolfe is facing felony murder charges in connection with the shooting death of Rayshard Brooks last Friday night during a traffic stop outside a Wendy's restaurant in southeast Atlanta.

According to a statement from EPM, Melissa Rolfe, the human resources director for the company, was terminated as the result of some of her social media comments.

The company released a statement that said, in part, "Melissa Rolfe’s termination was a direct result of her actions in the workplace and violation of company policy. While working with Melissa as she transitioned to a leave of absence granted by our organization, we discovered she violated company policy and created an uncomfortable working environment for many of our employees."

EPM said that they were co-founded by people of color committed to building a better future by "bringing diverse cultures into the conversation.

In a release, EPM said that they are dedicated to "building wealth in communities of color that have historically suffered from systemic racism. We recognize the roadblocks these communities face and have and will continue to honor our commitment to removing them."

"We owe our successes to our employees who listen generously, speak courageously, and choose positivity," the release said. "Representation matters, and so do Black Lives."

The company's statement regarding Melissa Rolfe indicated that she had lost the confidence of coworkers as well as company leadership. It also indicated that she had expressed views that had created a hostile work environment.

"As an HR director, she ultimately lost the confidence of her peers, leadership, and many employees who no longer felt comfortable engaging with her. We value diversity of thought and respect Melissa's personal views and the views of all employees; however, when those views create a hostile working environment, we must make difficult decisions to part ways," the statement said.

Can you say law suit coming? They better be able to back up the claim that she said things that violated company policy because I'm pretty sure you can't fire a White person because the other Black employees now feel uncomfortable around them.

Now if you think you could reverse the colors and a bunch of White people could fire a Black women because they were no longer "comfortable in her presence"? Yeah, right, like that's gonna fly.

How about losing your job because your son is the cop that shot Brooks in Atlanta?

https://www.11alive.com/article/news...b-e70f29a756a7

Atlanta-based Equity Prime Mortgage (EPM) has terminated Melissa Rolfe, the mother of former Atlanta Police officer Garrett Rolfe, from her position with their firm.

Garrett Rolfe is facing felony murder charges in connection with the shooting death of Rayshard Brooks last Friday night during a traffic stop outside a Wendy's restaurant in southeast Atlanta.

According to a statement from EPM, Melissa Rolfe, the human resources director for the company, was terminated as the result of some of her social media comments.

The company released a statement that said, in part, "Melissa Rolfe’s termination was a direct result of her actions in the workplace and violation of company policy. While working with Melissa as she transitioned to a leave of absence granted by our organization, we discovered she violated company policy and created an uncomfortable working environment for many of our employees."

EPM said that they were co-founded by people of color committed to building a better future by "bringing diverse cultures into the conversation.

In a release, EPM said that they are dedicated to "building wealth in communities of color that have historically suffered from systemic racism. We recognize the roadblocks these communities face and have and will continue to honor our commitment to removing them."

"We owe our successes to our employees who listen generously, speak courageously, and choose positivity," the release said. "Representation matters, and so do Black Lives."

The company's statement regarding Melissa Rolfe indicated that she had lost the confidence of coworkers as well as company leadership. It also indicated that she had expressed views that had created a hostile work environment.

"As an HR director, she ultimately lost the confidence of her peers, leadership, and many employees who no longer felt comfortable engaging with her. We value diversity of thought and respect Melissa's personal views and the views of all employees; however, when those views create a hostile working environment, we must make difficult decisions to part ways," the statement said.

Can you say law suit coming? They better be able to back up the claim that she said things that violated company policy because I'm pretty sure you can't fire a White person because the other Black employees now feel uncomfortable around them.

Now if you think you could reverse the colors and a bunch of White people could fire a Black women because they were no longer "comfortable in her presence"? Yeah, right, like that's gonna fly.

Originally Posted by HedonistForever

according to the article the woman is his stepmom. so who are they gonna target next in this guy's family? PETA will demand his cat be confiscated.

BAHHAA
so who are they gonna target next in this guy's family? PETA will demand his cat be confiscated.

BAHHAA Originally Posted by The_Waco_Kid
Don't give them any ideas. I say that half-sarcastically, by the way.
The LibDPST and OBLM Mob rules!
Until people stand up to them - they will continue to run riot. Originally Posted by oeb11
It is apparently legal for hatred and discrimination against people based upon skin color in the Estados Unidos if the skin color is white.
  • oeb11
  • 06-21-2020, 08:03 AM
FF- Exactly correct - but only if that person discriminated against is a straight male.
Neither fired. Because they aren't real people.
If they were real people, do you think they would want the role they are cast in?
These are just brand symbols. Nobody forced the parent corps to ditch them.

Too bad you're so offended by the decision.
Sad times indeed... Originally Posted by gfejunkie
Because they aren't real people. Originally Posted by Munchmasterman
Her real name was Nancy Green...

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nancy_Green
a real life person who could have lost her job:

hattie mcdaniel came under fire for her various roles as maids in film, her most famous being mammy in gone with the wind

the role of mammy in gone with the wind was almost as fought over and contentious as was the role of scarlet

even eleanor roosevelt lobbied for the role to go to her own real maid, elizabeth mcduffie

mcdaniel faced growing criticism from some members of the black community. groups such as the NAACP complained that Hollywood stereotypes restricted black actors to servant roles

mcdaniel was attacked for being an "uncle tom"

mcdaniel characterized these challenges as class-based biases against domestics, a claim that white columnists seemed to accept.

mcdaniel said , "Why should I complain about making $700 a week playing a maid? If I didn't, I'd be making $7 a week being one."

$700 in 1939 equates to about $13,000 in todays dollars according to the cpi inflation calculator

she did face real discrimination in that bastion of money uber alles, Hollywood, supposedly down to when she died not being allowed to be buried in the hollywood cemetery she wished
Her real name was Nancy Green...

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nancy_Green Originally Posted by gfejunkie
yes she was
land 'o lakes butter removed the indian maid from their butter line, saying it was racist.

I didn't see this coming with aunt jemina and uncle ben. i should have expected it from this toxic pc environment we're in.