SA Premium

Does anyone know if a SeekingArrangement Premium membership can be purchased using a pre-paid credit card?
When I was active on SA, I used a Green Dot prepaid debit card from RiteAid. Not sure if they still work, but its worth a try.
About 2 or 3 a months ago I tried to use a onevanilla prepaid, and it was rejected and I was banned right away.

I was also using the site through a VM on a VPN, too.
My goal is to buy premium without sharing any personal info with SA. I checked at Rite Aid and they do have the Green Dot card. Thanks for the heads up.
AFAIK, the easiest way to pay for SA premium membership is to use their Android app, and pay using Google Play. You can use cash to get prepaid Google Play gift cards to load on to your account in many places. Except, as of last time I tried to do it, you can't do so at Giant Eagle or GetGo, because they won't take cash for Google Play prepaid cards, they'll only let you pay for those with a credit or debit card
Weird, I've usually encountered the opposite, you can pay with cash but NOT with a debit or credit card because so many scammers utilize the Google Play cards. Also, even though you loaded your Google account with a gift card paid for by cash, it is still then attached to your Google Play account once you redeem it. If you use Google Pay to pay for SA premium they will probably see the details of your Google Pay account.

I'd think, if they allow it, the green dot or any prepaid debit card would be the best way to pay anonymously.
I thought it was weird too, but they absolutely refused to sell me a Google Play card unless I paid with a credit or debit card, claimed the register wouldn't even let them ring up the transaction for cash. I assumed at the time it was intended to be a fraud prevention measure, though I have trouble imagining what kind of fraud they think they're preventing.

Yes, it's a good point about Google Play cards being forever linked to your Google account once you redeem them, which is why I have an entirely separate Google account, on an entirely separate device (that my "real" Google account has never touched), just for that reason.
  • Typo
  • 12-14-2020, 12:29 PM
I've always paid for Google Play cards with cash with no issues. Get them at Giant Eagle all the time. There are generally restrictions on prepaid credit cards that prevent them from being used for subscriptions or other recurring payment transactions. I looked through terms and conditions on a lot of them after having a problem with that, but was unable to find one that allowed such transactions. I was told there's a legal reason they don't allow those transactions.
I have trouble imagining what kind of fraud they think they're preventing.
Originally Posted by laserface
Money laundering.
Money laundering. Originally Posted by burgh1
Maybe, but they supposedly (at least at that time) had that restriction on only a few types of prepaid cards - the ones I remembered in particular were Google Play and PlayStation Network - but other types were okay to purchase with cash. For a moment I was wondering if they were just worried about gaming-obsessed teenagers dipping into their parents' pocketbooks to take money to buy online gaming credit...
Do you really think Giant Eagle gives two shits about teenagers pinching cash from the parents to buy things? Trust me, that is not the reason. LOL
  • Nalan
  • 12-16-2020, 12:28 PM
My vanilla card is used every month
Maybe, but they supposedly (at least at that time) had that restriction on only a few types of prepaid cards - the ones I remembered in particular were Google Play and PlayStation Network - but other types were okay to purchase with cash. Originally Posted by laserface
Google Play, Steam, and PlayStation Network cards are a favorite of overseas scammers who make a dishonest living by cold-calling feeble old ladies and explaining that the electricity/water/social security checks/etc. will be shut off immediately unless they head to the closest gift card retailer, use cash to purchase the amount of the alleged overdue bill in specific gift or prepaid cards, then read off the numbers over the telephone.

If I had to guess, requiring a credit card to purchase these items may be a way to shift the responsibility or handling of a potential claim of fraud or purchase dispute (on what is likely an already-depleted gift card) from the retailer over to the credit card issuer.
Google Play, Steam, and PlayStation Network cards are a favorite of overseas scammers who make a dishonest living by cold-calling feeble old ladies and explaining that the electricity/water/social security checks/etc. will be shut off immediately unless they head to the closest gift card retailer, use cash to purchase the amount of the alleged overdue bill in specific gift or prepaid cards, then read off the numbers over the telephone.

If I had to guess, requiring a credit card to purchase these items may be a way to shift the responsibility or handling of a potential claim of fraud or purchase dispute (on what is likely an already-depleted gift card) from the retailer over to the credit card issuer. Originally Posted by EBPEM1

A friend of mine works at Walmart and has stopped several elderly people from making that mistake. He doesnt have to, but he's nice like that.