Bill Gates climate leader

He has a new book out. He is a good man. He has good intentions.
But...

Do we have to listen to a rich man, going around in private planes, owning yachts, huge houses, etc etc, to tell others to conserve energy ?
  • Tiny
  • 02-18-2021, 03:09 PM
But he spends $7 million a year on buying renewable fuels for his planes! That's what he said on one of the Sunday shows. I'm being sarcastic, I don't see how that makes a difference, as burning alcohol and biodiesel emits carbon. Agreed, he is a good man with good intentions.
the overwhelming majority of pollution is produced by businesses, not individuals. There as been a concerted effort for the last 3-4 decades to shift the focus away from that fact and make the common man think that it's his responsibility.
the overwhelming majority of pollution is produced by businesses, not individuals. There as been a concerted effort for the last 3-4 decades to shift the focus away from that fact and make the common man think that it's his responsibility. Originally Posted by GastonGlock
My flatulence is killing Polar Bears? Maybe my GF is right? My farts are lethal. lol
Since you are in Austin, likely without power, a good procedure would be to light a match under those to keep warm.
Since you are in Austin, likely without power, a good procedure would be to light a match under those to keep warm. Originally Posted by VitaMan
Ive had power all along. Though our water pressure is next to nothing.
With my GF's cooking I have plenty of fuel to keep us warm if need be.
  • Tiny
  • 02-18-2021, 03:50 PM
My flatulence is killing Polar Bears? Maybe my GF is right? My farts are lethal. lol Originally Posted by winn dixie
By damn Winn Dixie, you need to put a lid on those farts. And while you're at it stop eating meat. Cows fart, pigs fart, chickens fart. Soybeans do not.
But he spends $7 million a year on buying renewable fuels for his planes! That's what he said on one of the Sunday shows. I'm being sarcastic, I don't see how that makes a difference, as burning alcohol and biodiesel emits carbon. Agreed, he is a good man with good intentions. Originally Posted by Tiny

What do you think his intentions are ?
  • Tiny
  • 02-18-2021, 04:12 PM
[/COLOR]
What do you think his intentions are ? Originally Posted by Levianon17
I think they're of a humanitarian nature, although at least on climate change he's somewhat misguided. What do you think they are?
  • oeb11
  • 02-18-2021, 04:19 PM
Bill Gates will join up with Pinky to "take over the world"!!!
My flatulence is killing Polar Bears? Maybe my GF is right? My farts are lethal. lol Originally Posted by winn dixie
I'll believe it.

Before I moved to TX, I used to travel here for work, and coworkers used to take me to bbq as many nights as they could. After a week of that, I was sure I had the colonic version of black lung. Had some real nose hair burners.
Sausage baby
Of course Im talking about the release of methane.

Anyone been around a true vegetarian? Whew! They can really stank up the place.
Anyone been around a true vegetarian? Originally Posted by winn dixie
Only long enough to line up the shot from the tree stand.
Only long enough to line up the shot from the tree stand. Originally Posted by GastonGlock
Perfect!!!