What is your favorite pro sports?

Chizzy's Penguins playoff thread got me thinking about what pro sports I like the most. Here is my list and why I like them and what I dont like about them:

#1. Formula 1 Racing. I have been closely following F1 since I was a kid and have attended races all over the world on 5 different continents. I'm drawn to the a amazing engineering, technology, strategy and performance. This is a sport where perfection and efficiency is demanded. I'm still amazed that they can come into the pits, change four tires and be on their way in less than 2 seconds. It just seems humanly impossible to me. I love that a tenth of a second a lap can be the difference between winning and losing.

What I dont like is the fact that AMG Mercedes has been so dominant for so long, but that could be changing. And, I think they are really getting ticky tacky with the penalties. But, I still absolutely love the sport way more than any other sport.

#2. Baseball. I am a big fan of MLB. I played the sport as a child, went to a Big 10 college on a full ride baseball scholarship and played professionally for 2 seasons. I think baseball is such a great game that, unfortunately is beginning to lose its greatness. The pace of a typical MLB game has become excruciating. They need to get this under control or lose a lot of fans. Living in Pittsburgh has made it difficult to love baseball, but I still do.

#3. Football. I do enjoy football, but I do not consider myself to be a fanatic like so many in Pittsburgh are. The NFL is still an incredible good time to watch, but I am a little put off by the politics that have become part of the sport. I also get weary of all the penalty calls and reviews. Seems like you cant have more than 3 plays without a penalty flag. But, at the end of the day, its still my 3rd favorite sport.

#4. Hockey. I was going to put Hockey at maybe #9 behind WNBA, Rodeo, Bowling, Beach Volleyball and a bunch of othe also ran sports you might see on ESPN 8. But honestly I do enjoy hockey, especially playoff hockey. There are certain things that I find to be incredibly stupid about the game such as fighting and the target hits. Hockey really needs to clean that shit up.

#5. IndyCar Racing. Its no where near F1 in sheer awesomeness, but it is still fun to watch. I've been to the Indy 500 about 30 times and its always a great time. Probably more for the off-track activities than the race itself, but it is something everyone should experience at least once. Personally, I'm not a big fan of the oval races, but I do love the road races and have been all over the country attending them over the years.

Well that's my top 5, what's yours? Why do you like them, and what do you dislike about them?

Cornhole.

Because it’s ridiculous.

Also, because it’s ridiculous.
Well, the best pro sport to watch live is Hockey. I never played it growing up and don’t understand the nuances of the game like Football, baseball and basketball. But I know it’s a hard sport to play. The speed and skill involved is impressive. I would put racing in that category live. It’s spectacular. Takes balls to drive at those speeds. I was at a World Cup downhill race. I’m still amazed those guys were going that fast. I would put NFL next, then NBA. I enjoy MLB and the PGA as well, but for different reasons. Baseball is a more relaxing event. So I enjoy it. Especially at PNC which IMHO is a great venue. I love golf so watching the best in the world up close is pretty cool.
I forgot boxing. But it’s been pretty lame for years. It used to be pretty good.
1. Hockey.... as bam said, best sport to see live... I agree with stig, the fights and targeted hits I could do without

2. NFL football.... terrible to go to a game but great to watch in a recliner lol. For me it was much better before all the rule changes to benefit the offenses

3. Baseball I guess... used to love the game back in the days of the great one Clemente. Now to me games take way too long and are boring. I compare going to a ball game like going to a po d and going fishing. Can be relaxing but not really exciting

4. Boxing used to be great, ali, Frazier, foreman, hagler, hearns and sugar ray..... I couldnt name a fighter now
1. Hockey.... as bam said, best sport to see live... I agree with stig, the fights and targeted hits I could do without

2. NFL football.... terrible to go to a game but great to watch in a recliner lol. For me it was much better before all the rule changes to benefit the offenses

3. Baseball I guess... used to love the game back in the days of the great one Clemente. Now to me games take way too long and are boring. I compare going to a ball game like going to a po d and going fishing. Can be relaxing but not really exciting

4. Boxing used to be great, ali, Frazier, foreman, hagler, hearns and sugar ray..... I couldnt name a fighter now Originally Posted by chizzy
I like the fights and hits. Part of the game. Pro game anyways. Any professional athlete is ultra competitive. Tempers flare. It happens in all the major sports to some degree. Taking a 95mph fastball to the head in MLB can kill you.
Cornhole.

Because it’s ridiculous.

Also, because it’s ridiculous. Originally Posted by Dreamgurrl
Isn’t cornhole considered anal sex?

https://findwords.info/term/cornhole
1. Hockey - it's such a fast paced game and the line between skill and luck are often blurred. Skating is difficult enough, but then you have to hit a tiny puck with a curved stick whilst the other team is trying to smash you is exhilarating. I hate fighting in hockey, and I also hate that there are 82 games, then 4 rounds of best-of-7 playoffs (season is way too long). Going to a live hockey game is unmatched.

2. Rugby (union) 15's - fuck the NRL and 7's - just a watered down version of union 15's. Those guys are tooth and nail tough athletes, wear minimal padding (like, maybe thin shoulder pads and a tea cozie on their head!), plus the respect that they have for each other and the referee on the pitch is amazing. It's sheer muscle on muscle skill. NBC Sports Network shows a match or 2 just about every weekend...set your DVR coz most are in the middle of the night.

3. Live Baseball - I should say hanging out in PNC Park with friends, but we need a reason to visit PNC Park with friends, so the Pirates are last on my list. I am not a fan of baseball but it is a nice easy sport to follow for a casual spectator. Nothing better than a plate of nacho's, a cold one, friends and nice cool summer evenings at PNC park.

I can't stand the NFL - I loved the Steelers as a kid, but now it's just a 3 hour TV commercial with a little bit of running and throwing. Plus, most players are coddled, entitled rich guys who think they can get away with anything (on and off the field). Watch an NFL game after watching a Rugby match and you'll realize how pathetic American Football is.
It’s ridiculous that this is played without beer drinking involved. The team drinking should be the team scoring
I am referring to cornhole in that regards

Downhill mtn biking. They’re flying and if off the course into trees.

I will watch football and do follow the Steelers. Getting annoyed with replay after replay. Maybe all replays should be reviewed at the speed of the play. None of this zoom in. Different angles are fine. I don’t watch games on a beautiful afternoon.

Hockey cause it keeps moving. Never played as a youth

I find NASCAR and other racing interesting. The physics and dynamics involved. Also the physical condition of the drivers is more than one considers.
I don’t golf but appreciate the mental aspect of playing for some big $.
Just thought I’d just offer my .02.
NFL Football
Good college football
Playoff pens hockey. Don’t like hockey enough to watch anyone else.
Good college hoops/ march madness
Late NBA playoffs
Golf majors

I refuse to watch or support anything having to do with the joke MLB league.
Isn’t cornhole considered anal sex?

https://findwords.info/term/cornhole Originally Posted by bambino
Sir
https://spy.com/articles/lifestyle/e...online-194657/

The game has a huge following

https://www.iplaycornhole.com/

Now please stay on topic

The Dr
Good luck with that!
Sir
https://spy.com/articles/lifestyle/e...online-194657/

The game has a huge following

https://www.iplaycornhole.com/

Now please stay on topic

The Dr Originally Posted by Dr-epg
Dr, I know the game has a following. But you’re around the same age as me. Corn hole wasn’t a game. Correct? It meant anal sex, yeah? That’s all I’m sayin here.
Dr, I know the game has a following. But you’re around the same age as me. Corn hole wasn’t a game. Correct? It meant anal sex, yeah? That’s all I’m sayin here. Originally Posted by bambino
Sir
The the topic is Pro Sports while cornhole might not be considered “Pro” sports it has money paying tournaments all over the county which are are even broadcast on some sport networks

The Dr
I can't be the only UFC fan here.

Watching how the held shows safely during the pandemic was a thing of beauty. Every Saturday they had a show. There's one on now in fact.

I watch and bet on anything really but when you see point spreads on just how close they usually come it really makes you wonder.

Especially in the NFL when flags are thrown every other play and 90% of the prime time games come down to the final drive regardless of the teams playing.

Draftkings and Fanduel being sponsors probably doesn't help things.