Help Ive Been Hurt & I Dont Know Who To Blame?

Went on vacation last week up state Ny .
Stayed at a hotel ,1st night air conditioner wasnt working,No screen on sliding glass door ,Had pets with me later found out their was a fire 3 months prior, 2nd night top floor same thing ,, All other hotels were booked solid couldnt move ,resv for 2 Nights. Raining,Hot, humid.
My last night their I went downstairs to the vending area where you could buy snacks ,or heat your own frozen food in their commerical microwave oven.(found out make and model ,serial number earlier tonight) and they dont make them any more ,

The box on stouffers Italian frozen dinner says depends on microwave oven 4 min to 5min ,I picked 3min 15 sec.removed the plastic cover half way on frozen dinner ,before heating it up.

.No light ,No fan didnt make a sound that it was on.except the timer went off at the time I set it too.I waited 1 min to cool down ,
I opened the door getting ready to pick up my dinner and it exploded ,My dinner some on top of my Left foot ,under my right knee ,and my 2nd& 3rd fingers on my right hand .Went into shock with the rest on the floor
Doesnt look pretty ,went to emergency finds out I have 3rd and 2nd degree burns ,Scars for life .On heavy antibiotics,cream Im in so much in pain, have pressure,when I walk I limp, discomfort , fever ,infection on burns , wrapped white badges ,,
My friend saw my dinner on the floor that night not realizing it had happened to me till the following morning .WTF now I really dont feel sexy with my dirtyblonde 36DD and 1 black high heel ..

I dont need a drink
I need a personal injury Lawer who thinks he can handle this case,

Whos to blame?
Stouffers Italian frozen dinner?
discontinued microwave commerical oven 10 yrs old give or take ?
Or The Hotel for not making sure the microwave is in goodworking standard conditions and Im visiting long island ny for a week starting tomorrow ,Ouch .!
:disgust 1:
Sounds like you're to blame. If you don't vent the dish steam can build up and it can explode. If you vent the dish it will get very hot but won't explode. Sounds like you're looking for a payoff for your ignorance. Kind of like the woman who spilled coffee in her lap from McDonald's.
sad you say its my fault ,I didnt grab the dish yet ,all i did was open the microwave door ,I let the dinner stand 1 mint before I opened the door,like you suppose to to let it cool, I hadnt grabbed my dinner hello? the micro wave they dont even make them anymore its at least 10 yrs old and had a recall .I have an attny as of this morning he says its not my fault but the hotel for not replacing a new up to date commerical microwave thats been out dated ,! and for your info and remark over the weekend it happened to a 10 yr old who put a small macaroni/cheese dinner and has burns on hes body too ,your going to blame the child too ?

defaulted commerical microwave
Ten year olds don't know any better. Adults should. Of course the attorney is going to say it's not your fault. He's going to sue and hopefully settle before a trial and then take 33%.

Sorry you got hurt but it's not always somebody else's fault.
just for your info its not about the payoff,i didnt think I would have to say this but Im a doctors daughter my father past away 2 yrs ag0 and recently I found out he left hes kids hes estate ,My ex hubby before he passed away from a tumor left me X amount too .A house on the inter coastal all paid for .Im set for life .
So as you see it has nothing to do with any kind of payoff ,Why should I pay out of expense for pain and suffer discomfort with marks and scars on my body I didnt ask for .I formed a bad infection on my left top foot .This infection is keeping me from doing the things I love doing ,I didnt put this upon myself .

P.s. When you recieve a hot coffee whether its from Macdonalds,dunkin,etc,,,they give you a cover .So you dont burn or the cup is made to hold hot liquid.
if the cup leaked out of the seal and split opened it was a bad batch of coffee cups not made properly.
Ten year olds don't know any better. Adults should. Of course the attorney is going to say it's not your fault. He's going to sue and hopefully settle before a trial and then take 33%.

Sorry you got hurt but it's not always somebody else's fault. Originally Posted by Budman
when there's a recall on a commercial microwave oven..You return it to get a replacement or fixed ,You call the co and see if its your make and model whether its a car, ridge,microwave etc,,, however keep the microwave and expect nothing ever can happen.Wrong! ,which it says injury can occur .etc...Plus they dont make this brand and model any more its outdated 10+ .
When your car has a recall you take it in to get fixed so you dont get hurt and killed .
just for your info its not about the payoff,i didnt think I would have to say this but Im a doctors daughter my father past away 2 yrs ag0 and recently I found out he left hes kids hes estate ,My ex hubby before he passed away from a tumor left me X amount too .A house on the inter coastal all paid for .Im set for life .
So as you see it has nothing to do with any kind of payoff ,Why should I pay out of expense for pain and suffer discomfort with marks and scars on my body I didnt ask for .I formed a bad infection on my left top foot .This infection is keeping me from doing the things I love doing ,I didnt put this upon myself .

P.s. When you recieve a hot coffee whether its from Macdonalds,dunkin,etc,,,they give you a cover .So you dont burn or the cup is made to hold hot liquid.
if the cup leaked out of the seal and split opened it was a bad batch coffee cups not made properly. Originally Posted by CharismaCaptures

KRAMA'S A BITCH
  • WTF
  • 08-22-2011, 04:25 PM
I say sue Budman...

Turn it in on your health insurance and be done with it. Budman's right. Sometimes it's not anyone's fault.
Charisma,
You are not making much sense. It gives me a headache deciphering your posts. You seem to be just another "victim" in our society. Everybody is a damn victim with their hand out.

WTF,
If she sues me I'm sueing your dumb ass as well as Sup just for the fuck of it.
Turn it in on your health insurance and be done with it. Budman's right. Sometimes it's not anyone's fault. Originally Posted by OliviaHoward

She can't do that because then she wouldn't get paid.
  • WTF
  • 08-22-2011, 05:16 PM
WTF,
If she sues me I'm sueing your dumb ass as well as Sup just for the fuck of it. Originally Posted by Budman
Actually, she said that she took the lid half way off the food container. So it shouldn't be steam buildup.

Tell me where this happened via PM. I have no idea if you have a case. Frankly, I rather suspect that you do not. However, I can refer you to a board certified personal injury attorney in the location where it happened and they can advise you on the law in that jurisdiction and can likely do some research on the model of oven, brand of food, etc.

However, for a law suit to be successful, you're going to have to have very significant injuries that are permanently disabling to you. Scarring probably isn't enough. Product's liability lawsuits are very expensive to bring. I typically have expenses of at least $50,000 - $75,000 in a products liability case.

As for those who think that the McDonald's coffee case was frivolous, I suggest you see the documentary Hot Coffee. It goes into quite a bit of detail on the facts of the case. Once you hear the real facts, and see pictures of the injuries, I rather doubt you will think it to be frivolous.

The evidence was that McDonald's despite numerous serious injuries and 700 complaints about coffee being too hot, chose to serve it's coffee at a temperature that their own management admitted was "unfit for human consumption." Mrs. Leibeck was a passenger in a car that was parked at the time of the spill. Her physician testified that the coffee that was spilled on her cotton pants was so hot that it could cause third degree burns in five seconds.

Here is what it did to her legs:

I have a friend who is a personal injury Lawyer, and he also said the same for the Coffee fiasco. McDonalds pulled a great publicity campain out of the hat by saying, in so many words, that what happenned was impossible. That is, untill they checked the actual temperature and found it to be just a few degrees under boiling.

If someone doubts what can happen, take a cup of boiling water and pour it on your crotch.