PETA Urges MLB to Replace 'Bullpen' with 'Arm Barn'

• oeb11
  • 10-30-2021, 04:24 AM
https://townhall.com/tipsheet/landon...-barn-n2598288

Source: AP Photo/Ross D. Franklin

Animal rights organization PETA has called for Major League Baseball to "strike out" the word "bullpen" in favor of "arm barn" because, as the organization claims, the current term is a reference to a "holding area where terrified bulls are kept before slaughter."
"Words matter, and baseball ‘bullpens’ devalue talented players and mock the misery of sensitive animals," PETA Executive Vice President Tracy Reiman said in a press release. "PETA encourages Major League Baseball coaches, announcers, players, and fans to changeup their language and embrace the ‘arm barn’ instead."
PETA wrote in the press release that "cows are hung upside down and their throats are slit in the meat industry," further explaining that "gentle bulls are tormented into kicking and bucking by being electro-shocked or prodded—all are typically held in a 'bullpen' while they await their cruel fate."
The organization also highlighted that it does not support "speciesism, a human-supremacist worldview."
While there are multiple theories about why a bullpen in baseball is called just that, the most popular hypothesis for the term's origin in the game was used in a 1915 issue of Baseball Magazine, where it was described as the area pitchers warm up in, according to ESPN.

Recommended
Biden Asked Whether US-French Relations Have Been Restored, Gives 'Embarrassing' Response Leah Barkoukis

Then, at the turn of the century, most ballparks had large, bull-shaped Bull Durham tobacco billboards on the outfield wall. Relief pitchers would warm up in the shadow of the bull and the area later became the "bullpen."

Comment - LOL - Just when I thought teh democraticommunist axis of evil has reached teh depths of irrelevance and foolishness
They step LOWER!!!!!!
How totally incompetent in LIFE are individuals with nothing better to do than dictate 'woke language' - to the nation.

Utter incompetent, incapable Idiots who forward such nonsense.

Laughable - if it were not so pathetic - and so characteristic of ehStalniist democraticomunist thrust to control All America in teh gray marxist leninist racist cheap soviet apartments of AOC's Soylent Green New Deal.

Orwell was prescient of teh aims of teh democraticomunist party.

Pathetic!

I am going deer hunting, and put up some food for teh winter!

Buck fiden
From my cold dead hands!
Do the Peta loyalists watch baseball?

Surely they don't play .... hitting balls with bats?
  • oeb11
  • 10-30-2021, 04:33 AM
Peta and other liberal cultists - regard baseball as 'too dangerous"
They substitute 'Whiffleball' - same as in their 'private lives"!
I’m sure Mandred is on board with this.
Peta and other liberal cultists - regard baseball as 'too dangerous"
They substitute 'Whiffleball' - same as in their 'private lives"! Originally Posted by oeb11
Whiffle Balls have holes in them just like their fucking heads.
As soon as "PETA" jumps on Faki for using dogs as lab rats, ...

...I'll give them the time of day.

Fauci under fire by beagle organization over alleged puppy experiments

Keith slammed the experiments, which allegedly also involve locking the dogs in cages with hungry sandflies so that the insects could eat them alive, as “unethical.”
Not gonna happen. Don’t be silly, boyz. Save your outrage for AOC!

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHSHSH!
dear peta

the only one who eats meat in our house is our dog
As soon as every single PETA member or donor actually stops eating meat, for more than one weekend....
As soon as "PETA" jumps on Faki for using dogs as lab rats, ...

...I'll give them the time of day.
Originally Posted by LexusLover
I suppose you’d prefer they use illegal aliens...

Tasteless photos. Couldnt quote them. Animal lovers (can we still say that?) should be disgusted by your post, LLman.
Isn't "Arm Barn" an acknowledgment of the subjugation of animals through agricultural practice of animal husbandry?
Can you even imply animal husbandry in this forum?

HAHSHSHSHSHSHSHSHS!
Isn't "Arm Barn" an acknowledgment of the subjugation of animals through agricultural practice of animal husbandry? Originally Posted by ICU 812
its no fair to beat them at their own microaggressions
I should be disgusted but I'm not. Originally Posted by Yssup Rider
I understand YR...because he's your leader!!

https://youtu.be/_5yEr0TdbXM
This message is hidden because bb1961 is on your ignore list.