Hurricane Irene

I wish every one good luck on the East Coast. Be prepare, stock on food, water, and gas.
Keep an eye on the Storm.
Guard your windows.

we are so dry here...we would welcome the hurricane
I wish I had a plywood and glass store on the east coast
we are so dry here...we would welcome the hurricane Originally Posted by nevergaveitathought
I have lived through far too many hurricanes to ever "welcome" one for any reason! It is going to be a very long 72 hours on the East Coast. Be careful, my friends!
Since I have lived on the Gulf Coast my entire life, I have been through countless. My best advice is take shelter against the wind, (any good house will do), and run from rising water.

Do the math. If you are 3 ft above sea level, and they expect a 12 foot storm surge, get out.
I'm in Charlotte, NC and the weather is beautiful right now.
That might be the calm before the storm. Then again you might be out of the line of fire. I hope everyone make it thru. Being from FL we have had our fair share of them.
I'm originally from NC and have alot of family on the coast - I'm just praying all goes well. Can't believe they are having a hurricane party without me! Luckily we've been through many hurricanes - it's the folks on up the East Coast who have missed going through the process of getting ready for it and knowing what to do that I worry about. Hope everyone is safe and if you have family on the East Coast, I hope they stay out of harms way and are safe too!
  • WTF
  • 08-27-2011, 05:30 AM
I hope all you folks on the left coast fare well. These things can be ugly.
I hope all you folks on the left coast fare well. These things can be ugly. Originally Posted by WTF
Did you mean "right" coast, as opposed to the left and 3rd coasts?

PS Good luck folks.
I heard they are already selling hurricane burgers with beer
I wish I had a plywood and glass store on the east coast Originally Posted by waverunner234
Does not surprise me. PROFITEER. You should be ashamed of your Democratic ass.
look who's talking
  • Mokoa
  • 08-28-2011, 02:02 AM
we are so dry here...we would welcome the hurricane Originally Posted by nevergaveitathought
Remember Ike? Gilbert? Camille?