Ukraine Russia NATO

This whole this is Russia wants a guarantee that Ukraine can never join NATO. The USA and NATO say that is unacceptable, as independent countries need to be able to make their own decisions about that.

This could be a tough nut to crack.
This is a NATO problem. Why is the US the only country sending troops to Poland and Romania?
The US is a NATO member. Other members of NATO are also active in this.

It sounds like you need to study the historical period of 1915 to 1945 to understand why NATO was created, and what it is.
https://t.me/rrndaily/193659

Priceless Originally Posted by bambino

More useless links with no input by the member. A bot can do as well as this.
Was this addressing my question? Do I need to rephrase my question?

"Why is the US the only NATO country sending troops to Poland and Romania"

I haven't seen any published reports that Canada, UK, France,Spain, Germany, Italy, Norway, Sweden, etc. have sent troops (live bodies)
Yes I know some have sent weapons, so has the US

It sounds like you need to study the historical period of 1915 to 1945 to understand why NATO was created, and what it is. Originally Posted by VitaMan

It sounds like you need to study the historical period of 1915 to 1945 to understand why NATO was created, and what it is. Originally Posted by VitaMan
I said “priceless” which is a description. Ukraine is not a MEMBER of NATO. So, the old adage “ an attack on one is an attack on all” doesn’t apply. The US has no strategic purpose in Ukraine. The people who live in Eastern Ukraine ARE Russian. That’s why they’re fleeing to Russia now.

BTW, your opening post is a grammatical disaster.
Actually the people in Eastern Ukraine are Ukrainian. Just like people in South Texas are Americans.
Actually the people in Eastern Ukraine are Ukrainian. Just like people in South Texas are Americans. Originally Posted by 1blackman1
If you say so

What ethnic groups live in Ukraine and Crimea?
The divisions within Ukraine go back much further than recent events. The country has been torn between east and west since the collapse of the Soviet Union in 1991 and this is reflected in a cultural and linguistic divide.
Russian is widely spoken in parts of the east and south. In some areas, including the Crimean peninsula, it is the main language.
In western regions - closer to Europe - Ukrainian is the main language and many of the people identify with Central Europe.
This division is to some extent reflected in voting patterns. The areas where a significant proportion of people speak Russian almost exactly match those that voted for Mr Yanukovych, as opposed to his rival and former Ukrainian prime minister Yulia Tymoshenko in 2010.
I said “priceless” which is a description. Ukraine is not a MEMBER of NATO. So, the old adage “ an attack on one is an attack on all” doesn’t apply. The US has no strategic purpose in Ukraine. The people who live in Eastern Ukraine ARE Russian. That’s why they’re fleeing to Russia now.

BTW, your opening post is a grammatical disaster. Originally Posted by bambino

Several more mistakes you make.

The issue is not if Ukraine is a member of NATO. It is not, and as Trump says, everybody knows it.

The issue is Russia wants a guarantee that Ukraine will never be able to become a member of NATO. The US and other NATO countries do not agree.
Several more mistakes you make.

The issue is not if Ukraine is a member of NATO. It is not, and as Trump says, everybody knows it.

The issue is Russia wants a guarantee that Ukraine will never be able to become a member of NATO. The US and other NATO countries do not agree. Originally Posted by VitaMan
No shit Sherlock. It’s one of the most corrupt “countries” in the world. That’s why they hired Hunter.
The US nor NATO can ever guarantee such a thing and Putin knows it. How can we say okay, sure, you win we will never allow Ukraine in NATO so what happens next? We look weak, NATO looks weak and the Russians push for more countries to be denied NATO access.

Not a good position for NATO or the USA.

Russia claimed they don't want a NATO nation on their border but they already have 3 Latvia, Estonia, and Lithuania.

Russians are feeling the crunch more and more of the old Soviet block want to become Democracies and capitalistic. As the US feared Communism growth globally and got us into wars such Korean War and Viet Nam. We tried to prevent the spread of communism. The tables have turned and now Russia attempts to stop the spread of Democracy.

Long term the Russains will lose, people want to be free and that is the one thing they cannot stop.

Putin, I beleive wants the resources of Ukraine, he could care less about NATO and the border. Also, as a huge exporter of energy he wants prices to go up which all this uncertainty has already caused oil prices to rise as well as natural gas. Russia is sitting pretty in this situation. They are winners either way.

The only way NATO comes out a winner is if they figure out how to stop buying energy from Russia, cutting off their pipeline of money. If Germany is smart they will see being dependent on Russia for most of its energy needs is foolish and they will make moves to get away from Russian dependence.

Thats my two cents anyway.
Oh and thanks for posting an actual political thread in this forum as most threads are simply about who has a bigger dick Biden or Trump, who fucking cares? Really, who cares? Nothing political about that.
Oh and thanks for posting an actual political thread in this forum as most threads are simply about who has a bigger dick Biden or Trump, who fucking cares? Really, who cares? Nothing political about that. Originally Posted by Computerwise
Well, Trump had a bigger red button than Rocket Man, and it works. So there’s that.
The above is another useless post and demonstrates what the quoted poster was illustrating.