Fayetteville passes ban on dog and cat sales at pet stores

A new Fayetteville law aims to ensure the city doesn’t facilitate the sale of animals raised in large-scale, commercial breeding facilities will not be permitted

This warmed my heart to see this . The price of animals has got out of hand . Petland in Rogers has dogs for sale as much as 10k . Its always best to rescue an animal that needs a loving home . But if there is a specific breed you are wanting such as hypoallergenic for your children or your self there is no need to sale an animal for 10k . Not only can most American families not afford this , its cruel to the animal ,to have them in cages till someone comes through that can afford that large bill . I understand that breeders have to redeem there cost and time but to charge this amount is ludicrous . I myself could never breed an animal for money , I would end up keeping them all lol .
Way to go Fayetteville at protecting our fur babies !!!
I know, I've been there and was interested in a pupper but when they told me the price (7k), I scoffed and told them good luck. Took a bit but found where they got the breed I wanted and went direct to the source and paid about 10% of that. I get you need to mark up and make a profit but damn...
That's crazy them charging those prices. I have never bought a dog in my life. Have had couple I rescued from the pound. My last dog passed at 17 years of age & I just haven't been able to force myself to replace her. If I wasn't working she went everywhere with me.

If you want a dog go rescue one from the pound
For pets sake is where i got all 5 of mine
https://www.news-leader.com/story/ne...ne/9718071002/ sadly, most likely where a lot of these pups come from…
Sadly I think you are correct . This is just heart breaking for these animals I did a little digging on Petland to figure out how they operate . They buy the puppies from mills in Missouri and pay virtually nothing for them compared to the high ticket price they are selling them for . Most Americans can not afford the price of a 7k -10k for a puppy . What they do is offer in house financing and tell the families that purchase these puppies that we guarantee their bill of health and for some reason if your puppy dies we will replace it . So I got a hold of a contract so I could carefully read through it . The things they cover for diseases are not even common ones that dogs pass from . As far as the financing goes , they tell the person purchasing you can also pick out any food or toys for your puppy and ad it to the total bill of your puppy . They promise low monthly payments so your family can enjoy a pet for years to come . This place is a total scam . But the biggest problem here is the safety of the animals and also putting poor American families in debt promising their kid will always have a puppy with them if anything happens to it . These puppies are all in cages and multiple ones per cage . The living conditions are fairly poor in my opinion . New York city just passed the law right after Fayetteville no more places selling animals . I sure hope more states and cities will do the same
We never paid for a dog. People were more than willing to give them away.
I can understand paying something for a specific breed, but nothing near the prices being charged by places like Petland.
My real concern is how they stay in business. Why would some people being willing to pay outlandish prices?
I have noticed an obsession with dogs. They seem to be a replacement for what is missing in poor human relationships. People seem unwilling to interact with each other.
Just did a search about obesession with dogs, and there appeared a lot of sites about it, so I am not the only one who notices this phenomenon. I like dogs, but I don't value them above people like so many do.
Just a couple of samples of many articles.
https://www.theatlantic.com/magazine...h-dogs/619489/
https://www.mamamia.com.au/why-every...sed-with-dogs/
We never paid for a dog. People were more than willing to give them away.
I can understand paying something for a specific breed, but nothing near the prices being charged by places like Petland.
My real concern is how they stay in business. Why would some people being willing to pay outlandish prices?
I have noticed an obsession with dogs. They seem to be a replacement for what is missing in poor human relationships. People seem unwilling to interact with each other.
Just did a search about obesession with dogs, and there appeared a lot of sites about it, so I am not the only one who notices this phenomenon. I like dogs, but I don't value them above people like so many do.
Just a couple of samples of many articles.
https://www.theatlantic.com/magazine...h-dogs/619489/
https://www.mamamia.com.au/why-every...sed-with-dogs/ Originally Posted by tuckahoe
Thanks sweetie for the link . I do value animals as much as people as I think everyone and everything’s life matters . But I’m not ever willing to pay those insane prices for any animal. I am with you Tuck I have no idea how they stay in business . I wish the county they were in would do something about there business being there . There is so may wonderful pups that needs homes at the Rogers and Bentonville shelters right now . Never a need to pay that price for a precious pup