When the gas tax increases in Jan, 2023

Remember to thank Jeffrey P. Pyle, in memoriam.

He may have passed back on Sep 14th, but his legacy lives on. PA Act 89's automatic increases wouldn't exist withouthis contributions to push and get House Bill 1060 passed back in 2013.

Sure, Corbett signed it into law and other people voted for it, but it started with this guy.

My annual thanks for this masterpiece of legislation has been noted for the record.
I like a guy that speaks the truth. I knew of act 89 and have argued for all these years when they were blaming the wrong people for our gas tax hike. They have actually taken down the facts on the internet about that tax. I haven't checked lately.
You can find plenty still. But this was a Republican plan that became a Repulican bill introduced by a Republican House Rep that was voted on by the PA House and signed into law by a Republican governor.

One would have thought this to be one of the last great efforts of "Fast" Eddie Rendell to go along with his turnpike increases, but alas... no.

Yeah, some of the funding generated did good things, but this additional assault on my wallet and on fossil fuels has been a pain in my ass for almost a decade.
Eddie was a total source of Embarrassment.
Fast Eddie....not to be confused with the Hustler Fast Eddie.

How the fuck do politicians keep getting ppl to trust them?

Every single one of them is a fucking rip-off artist.
Friends of mine think if the state legalized a certain plant for "recreational" use, the state would drop the gas tax. I had to remind them the Government does not like to drop a tax.
https://www.abc27.com/this-week-in-p...tate-gas-tax/1

Well fuck me running, there's a smidge of hope