well the irs showed up at matt's home the day he was to testify

take it from me

the irs doesnt just show up ...they send letters, arrange for a appointment etc

unless its intimidation by the weaponized government

i used to think taibbi was on the left, but with a modicum of fairness

i saw him on imus one morning and he was fair

when you are fair, the left hates you

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/polit...in/ar-AA19akC3
The IRS shows up all the time for various reasons. You don’t know what you’re talking about. Usually they are collections agents. We’d have to know more about Tabbi’s taxes, past due amounts and other things.

I know several collections agents and investigators and they drop in on folks regularly because that’s their job.

As usual, Never is just making up shit and trust me, he doesn’t have a clue what he talking about. But that’s not shocking on this site since the usual suspects will say and believe anything no matter how dumb stupid or ridiculous it is.
i know what i'm talking about

they only show up unannounced in criminal situations or extreme collections

or in political ones it seems

in normal audit or inquiry situations its by letter

in normal collection cases well into the many thousands of dollars, a normalized approach has been by notice of assessment and time to file with the tax court and notice of lien and by letter

your appeal for trust is weak and inappropriate and unwarranted based one all that has gone before
i know what i'm talking about

they only show up unannounced in criminal situations or extreme collections

or in political ones it seems Originally Posted by nevergaveitathought

the Dems are back to their old weaponizing the IRS game again.

https://www.yahoo.com/news/jim-jorda...000928790.html

Jim Jordan Demands IRS Explain Unannounced Visit to Matt Taibbi’s Home

Representative Jim Jordan (R., Ohio) sent a letter to Treasury Secretary Janet Yellen and Internal Revenue Service (IRS) Commissioner Daniel Werfel demanding an explanation as to why the agency deployed federal agents to visit “Twitter Files” journalist Matt Taibbi.

Jordan, the chairman of the House Judiciary Committee, sent the notice on Monday requesting more information on the timing and circumstances of the raid on Taibbi’s house in New Jersey on March 9.

Federal agents were dispatched to Taibbi’s residence the very same day that the investigative journalist appeared before the Select Subcommittee on the Weaponization of the Federal Government, also chaired by Representative Jordan.

According to the letter, first obtained by the Wall Street Journal, Taibbi notified Jordan that the IRS instructed him to phone the federal agency four days later, and he was later told that both his 2018 and 2021 tax filings were requested because of “concerns over identity theft.”

Have no fear! The IRS is here .. to save you from identity theft!

BAAHHAAAAAAA

Taibbi shared his 2018 tax submission with the Select Committee, which showed that his filing was “electronically accepted” and that no problem was registered with the return for “more than four-and-a-half years,” the Journal editorial notes.

While Taibbi’s initial 2021 return was rejected twice despite his accountant using an “IRS-provided pin number.” Taibbi added that the issue at stake is not “monetary” and that the federal agency actually owes him a “considerable” amount of money.

During Taibbi’s visit to Capitol Hill, Representative Stacey Plaskett (D., V.I.) denounced the former Rolling Stones journalist as a threat.

“Mr. Chairman, I am not exaggerating when I say that you have called before you two witnesses who pose a direct threat to people who oppose them.” When Jordan laughed at this comment, Plaskett replied, “It’s funny when people have to go through that? This is unacceptable.”

Plaskett derided Taibbi as a “so-called journalist” and repeatedly insisted that there was no “real evidence” publicized in the Twitter Files showing coordination between the federal government and the social-media platform.

“Ranking Member Plaskett, I’m not a so-called journalist,” Taibbi countered. “I’ve won the National Magazine Award, the I.F. Stone Award for Independent Journalism, and I’ve written ten books, including four New York Times best sellers.”

Representative Debbie Wasserman Schultz (D., Fl.) engaged in a similar line of hostile questioning.

“Being a Republican witness today certainly casts a cloud over your objectivity.”

what about Democrat witnesses .. bahhahaaa

“Elon Musk spoon-fed you his cherry-picked information, which you must have suspected promotes a slanted viewpoint or, at the very least, generates a right-wing conspiracy theory. You violated your own standards, and you appear to have benefitted from it,” the Florida representative told Taibbi.

Just ahead of testifying, Taibbi released a new installment of the Twitter Files revealing that the social-media company had established a “Censorship-Industrial Complex” whereby agencies such as the FBI and Department of Homeland Security (DHS) and NGOs including the Atlantic Council and National Endowment for Democracy regularly consulted with the social-media platform in an effort to censor or downplay posts they found objectionable.

According to the communications obtained by Taibbi, much of which he has published in the Twitter Files, Twitter had a policy of censoring even information that it accepted as true if that info had a chance of inducing “vaccine hesitancy” among readers.
So they went there because they were concerned about identity theft and he was somehow intimidated. Only in a right wingers mind.
Left...good and pure
Right...bad and racist
Only in a leftwingers mind.
You don't know what you're talking about...AS usual Perry Mason!!
the one instance of suspected identity theft of which i am aware

thinking the real taxpayer somehow might be the thief i guess

because the gentleman came to my office to use my fax

was the irs sent him a letter and asked that items of income like 1099's or w-2's be faxed to a specific number as a way of proof and , i think, to be matched up to the reporting by the payor of same

no one showed up unannounced, thats unheard of
Left...good and pure
Right...bad and racist
Only in a leftwingers mind.
You don't know what you're talking about...AS usual Perry Mason!! Originally Posted by bb1961
Actually I like right wingers. Only the ignorant stupid ones do I feel are ignorant and stupid. If you read your own posts you’ll know exactly what category I would but you in.
the one instance of suspected identity theft of which i am aware

thinking the real taxpayer somehow might be the thief i guess

because the gentleman came to my office to use my fax

was the irs sent him a letter and asked that items of income like 1099's or w-2's be faxed to a specific number as a way of proof and , i think, to be matched up to the reporting by the payor of same

no one showed up unannounced, thats unheard of Originally Posted by nevergaveitathought
Thanks for your anecdote. Means nothing at all though. I’ll stick to my, you have no clue what you’re talking about.
its better than what you have...which is nothing but mindless knee-jerk partisan bloviating
So they went there because they were concerned about identity theft and he was somehow intimidated. Only in a right wingers mind. Originally Posted by 1blackman1

why exactly would the IRS go to his house over concerns over identity theft? do they think his wife stole his identity?

"Taibbi shared his 2018 tax submission with the Select Committee, which showed that his filing was “electronically accepted” and that no problem was registered with the return for “more than four-and-a-half years,” the Journal editorial notes."

so five years later "suddenly" the IRS suspects identity theft? and they just happened to visit, unannounced, on the exact day they knew he was scheduled to testify?

none of this sounds suspicious at all, right?

bahhaa
Actually I like right wingers. Only the ignorant stupid ones do I feel are ignorant and stupid. If you read your own posts you’ll know exactly what category I would but you in. Originally Posted by 1blackman1
You are intertainment to me and that's it. What category you "BUT" me in means as much to me as you do. You know so much that isn't so as ALL arrogant leftwingers...that is the intertaining you provide on this forum.
Your insults show your lack of self control and anger management...but I don't expect anything less from a self-anointed "know it all"...keep up the good but losing fight for the left Perry!!
You would fit right in with the politicized hacks at the DOJ or as another member of the peanut gallery know as the legal team of the senile chump.
on top of things mentioned by Waco, and totally despite claims by the uninformed.....

here's what the IRS says on their website

"The IRS wants you to understand how and when the IRS contacts taxpayers, and help you determine whether a contact you may have received is truly from an IRS employee.

The IRS initiates most contacts through regular mail delivered by the United States Postal Service.

However, there are circumstances in which the IRS will call or come to a home or business. These include when a taxpayer has an overdue tax bill, a delinquent (unfiled) tax return or has not made an employment tax deposit. An IRS employee may also view assets or tour a business as part of a collection investigation, an audit or an ongoing criminal investigation.

Even then, taxpayers will generally first receive several letters (called "notices") from the IRS in the mail."

and none of those things apply

https://www.irs.gov/newsroom/how-to-...g-on-your-door
The following is not permitted on the site:

Insulting Others
Targeting other members for attacks
Harassing other members, groups of members, class of members, etc
Disrespecting other members on the site
General rudeness toward other members on the site
And how is it that you know none of those circumstances apply?

Going to need a link to prove your bullshit isn't bullshit.

When you guys find your bullshit in some bullshit place, why not save the link?
Why? Because you know it's bullshit!

If it weren't, you would jump at the chance to prove yourselves right, with a good source, for a change.
on top of things mentioned by Waco, and totally despite claims by the uninformed.....

here's what the IRS says on their website

"The IRS wants you to understand how and when the IRS contacts taxpayers, and help you determine whether a contact you may have received is truly from an IRS employee.

The IRS initiates most contacts through regular mail delivered by the United States Postal Service.

However, there are circumstances in which the IRS will call or come to a home or business. These include when a taxpayer has an overdue tax bill, a delinquent (unfiled) tax return or has not made an employment tax deposit. An IRS employee may also view assets or tour a business as part of a collection investigation, an audit or an ongoing criminal investigation.

Even then, taxpayers will generally first receive several letters (called "notices") from the IRS in the mail."

and none of those things apply?
Sounds like you're lying. How do you know those reasons don't apply?

You don't.

https://www.irs.gov/newsroom/how-to-...g-on-your-door Originally Posted by nevergaveitathought