Behaviour that's not manly...

Constantly crying to the mods is not manly. Not naming any names, because that would be against the rules, but it's happening, and by people who like to act so tough, but instead they do this behavior that's the opposite of tough.
Constantly crying to the mods is not manly. Not naming any names, because that would be against the rules, but it's happening, and by people who like to act so tough, but instead they do this behavior that's the opposite of tough. Originally Posted by 1pittsburgh

so ... you got pointed and you are blaming it on "unmanly" posters?

i got pointed saturday. not blaming it on "unmanly" posters. neither should you.
so ... you got pointed and you are blaming it on "unmanly" posters?

i got pointed saturday. not blaming it on "unmanly" posters. neither should you. Originally Posted by The_Waco_Kid
I didn't get pointed.

Do you think it's manly behavior to constantly run to the mods?
I didn't get pointed.

Do you think it's manly behavior to constantly run to the mods? Originally Posted by 1pittsburgh

what do you mean "run to the mods" and how would you even know if someone did?
what do you mean "run to the mods" and how would you even know if someone did? Originally Posted by The_Waco_Kid
Constantly reporting people. We can keep it hypothetical. If someone were to make a bunch of threads trying to act tough, but were also constantly reporting people to the mods, do you think that would be manly behavior or cowardly behavior?
Your crying about the Einstein crack and got me nailed like 2 days ago.
Your crying about the Einstein crack and got me nailed like 2 days ago. Originally Posted by Jacuzzme
I don't constantly report people to the mods. I also refrain from making personal insults because I know it's against the rules. Someone just personally insulted me within the last hour and I didn't report it. If someone were to make a bunch of threads trying to act tough, but were also constantly reporting people to the mods, do you think that would be manly behavior or cowardly behavior?
Everyone is no going to agree with you, it’s called debate. If your going to debate don’t make it personnel.
A reason why it’s not good to talk politics and religion in a bar!

I like to use a little sarcasm/banter in a joking manner some may take it personal.
I don't constantly report people to the mods. I also refrain from making personal insults because I know it's against the rules. Someone just personally insulted me within the last hour and I didn't report it. If someone were to make a bunch of threads trying to act tough, but were also constantly reporting people to the mods, do you think that would be manly behavior or cowardly behavior? Originally Posted by 1pittsburgh
Acting tough? That has no meaning.
Constantly reporting people. We can keep it hypothetical. If someone were to make a bunch of threads trying to act tough, but were also constantly reporting people to the mods, do you think that would be manly behavior or cowardly behavior? Originally Posted by 1pittsburgh

ah now we are getting somewhere. the rtm feature.

what is "unmanly" .. seeing a "potential" infraction and reporting it or doing nothing?

the rtm feature is anonymous to other users, only the staff knows who rtm'd a post and they do not make that public.

the staff decides if a rtm'd post is an infraction, or not.

the staff does not "sit around waiting for rtm's" before acting. seems several people believe this. the rtm feature is a convenience to the community and staff as a way to bring potential infractions to the staff's attention as soon as possible.

Your crying about the Einstein crack and got me nailed like 2 days ago. Originally Posted by Jacuzzme

interesting.
Acting tough? That has no meaning. Originally Posted by Jacuzzme
No, it does have a meaning.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/amymori...h=30c39cf64d3f
t.

the staff does not "sit around waiting for rtm's" before acting. seems several people believe this. the rtm feature is a convenience to the community and staff as a way to bring potential infractions to the staff's attention as soon as possible.
Originally Posted by The_Waco_Kid

Some use it as a weapon, constantly reporting people, even when they're not in violation of any rule.
Some use it as a weapon, constantly reporting people, even when they're not in violation of any rule. Originally Posted by 1pittsburgh

i'm well aware of that and so is the staff.

again .. the staff decides what is an infraction, or not, regardless of how it comes to their attention.

serial abusers of the rtm feature might come to regret it.
ah now we are getting somewhere. the rtm feature.

what is "unmanly" .. seeing a "potential" infraction and reporting it or doing nothing?

the rtm feature is anonymous to other users, only the staff knows who rtm'd a post and they do not make that public.

the staff decides if a rtm'd post is an infraction, or not.

interesting. Originally Posted by The_Waco_Kid
The RTM feature isn’t totally anonymous. Neither are PMs. Trust me on this.
i'm well aware of that and so is the staff.

again .. the staff decides what is an infraction, or not, regardless of how it comes to their attention.

serial abusers of the rtm feature might come to regret it. Originally Posted by The_Waco_Kid
So do you think it's manly or cowardly for them to do that? I say cowardly. Especially when it's the same people acting tough all the time.