Trump Indictment in 2020 Election Probe - Text

• Tiny
  • 08-01-2023, 04:03 PM
Hot off the presses, read it here. Apparently proceedings will be in the District of Columbia. Do you think they may have a problem finding 12 impartial jurors?

https://www.scribd.com/document/6624...ump-Indictment
Guilty as fuck your honor
A jury picked from the DC area.
Yeeessssssssss
Maximum penalty
I be like...
Trumpf ? Who that? Yeah I impartial.
Vote time comes around.....
He guilty you honor. It unanimous snick
Shouldn't this thread be moved to the Comedy Central or Another Realm threads?!? Oh wait! Are you saying the charges are politically based? Hmm...

Regardless, how many points up-tick in the polls are ya'll predicting for Trump from this?
...President Trump’s campaign acknowledged it, and released a statement to the media:
This is nothing more than the latest corrupt chapter in the continued pathetic attempt by the Biden Crime Family and their weaponized Department of Justice to interfere with the 2024 Presidential Election, in which President Trump is the undisputed frontrunner, and leading by substantial margins.

But why did they wait two and a half years to bring these fake charges, right in the middle of President Trump’s winning campaign for 2024? Why was it announced the day after the big Crooked Joe Biden scandal broke out from the Halls of Congress?

The answer is, election interference! The lawlessness of these persecutions of President Trump and his supporters is reminiscent of Nazi Germany in the 1930s, the former Soviet Union, and other authoritarian, dictatorial regimes. President Trump has always followed the law and the Constitution, with advice from many highly accomplished attorneys.

These un-American witch hunts will fail and President Trump will be re-elected to the White House so he can save our Country from the abuse, incompetence, and corruption that is running through the veins of our Country at levels never seen before.

Three years ago we had strong borders, energy independence, no inflation, and a great economy. Today, we are a nation in decline. President Trump will not be deterred by disgraceful and unprecedented political targeting!
  • Tiny
  • 08-01-2023, 04:30 PM
Regardless, how many points up-tick in the polls are ya'll predicting for Trump from this? Originally Posted by Why_Yes_I_Do
Right now the Biden's leading by 0.9% in the Real Clear Politics average of recent polls,

https://www.realclearpolitics.com/ep...iden-7383.html

And Trump's leading DeSantis by 35.8%,

https://www.realclearpolitics.com/ep...tion-7548.html

We can check back in a few weeks and see.
So you can be indicted for free speech? That will never make it past the Supremes? I heard the man say Peacefull and patriotic protest. Unlike Waters , Schumer, Holder and Biden .if you nuttin burgers posters don’t see the problem with that well….no words can describe you. They got nuttin, of course in DC they might convict, but people that have knowledge will kick it to the trash bin , where it belongs
  • Tiny
  • 08-01-2023, 04:44 PM
Guilty as fuck your honor
Yeeessssssssss
Maximum penalty Originally Posted by winn dixie
Bloomberg's legal analyst says the charges can "carry penalties of as much as 20 years in prison." But Trump would likely face far less time than the maximum penalties if convicted because he doesn't have a criminal record.
So you can be indicted for free speech? That will never make it past the Supremes? I heard the man say Peacefull and patriotic protest. Unlike Waters , Schumer, Holder and Biden .if you nuttin burgers posters don’t see the problem with that well….no words can describe you. They got nuttin, of course in DC they might convict, but people that have knowledge will kick it to the trash bin , where it belongs Originally Posted by oilfieldace

Wow and what
The White House was asked for comment on today’s indictment. Their response:
“Well…..looks like Trumpy’s goin’ to prison. Our advice: Keep a tight sphincter.”
So you can be indicted for free speech? That will never make it past the Supremes? I heard the man say Peacefull and patriotic protest. Unlike Waters , Schumer, Holder and Biden .if you nuttin burgers posters don’t see the problem with that well….no words can describe you. They got nuttin, of course in DC they might convict, but people that have knowledge will kick it to the trash bin , where it belongs Originally Posted by oilfieldace
Yes you can be indicted....just yell "fire" in a movie theatre
Not all speech is protected. Certainly not speech that is found to have incited a riot. Trump did Tweet 'stay peaceful' though I believe the mod was busy responding to his prior messages.

"Will be wild" it sure was.

"We're going to the Capitol," he says. "We're going to try and give them [Republicans] the kind of pride and boldness that they need to take back our country." yet he went back to the White House.

"Mike Pence didn't have the courage to do what should have been done to protect our Country and our Constitution." and what followed were chants of 'Hang Mike Pence!"

I wonder if it had been Biden who invited tens of thousands to DC promising a wild time then held a rally bashing Trumps challenging the election would the energy be the same? If Biden was at the podium and said 'It was Mike Pence they asked to undo the election' and a mob breached the Capitol shouting 'Hang Mike Pence!' as Biden Tweeted 'stay peaceful' would you argue he did nothing wrong?
  • Tiny
  • 08-03-2023, 12:15 PM
Yeeessssssssss
Maximum penalty Originally Posted by winn dixie
They got nuttin, of course in DC they might convicts Originally Posted by oilfieldace
“Well…..looks like Trumpy’s goin’ to prison. Our advice: Keep a tight sphincter.” Originally Posted by Prolongus
"The events of Jan. 6 were an attempt of a violent mob to prevent the orderly and peaceful transfer of power from one administration to the next and their efforts soiled and defaced the halls of the Capitol.

The country is watching to see what the consequences are. There have to be consequences."

- Judge Tanya S. Chutkan

Judge Chutkan will preside over Donald Trump's trial in Washington, D.C. Here's her CV -

Birthplace: Kingston, Jamaica

Education: George Washington University and University of Pennsylvania Law School

Political Experience: Volunteer for Walter Mondale's 1984 campaign, and for a lawyer's group that supported Obama's 2012 re-election campaign. She has donated to Democratic Party candidates, like Barrack Obama and Kirsten Gillibrand.

Career Experience: Judge Chutkan was appointed to the bench by President Obama. She quickly rejected Trump's efforts to prevent his White House records from being given to the the House January 6 Committee, delivering the following rebuke to ex-President Trump: "Presidents are not kings, and (the) plaintiff is not president.” Her decision in said document request was not overturned by an appeals court.

She handed down tough penalties to people convicted of crimes in the January 6 demonstration at the Capitol. As far as Trump supporters are concerned, she is indeed "The Hanging Judge."

https://www.nytimes.com/2023/08/02/u...ump-judge.html
Let us hope the proceedings will be televised...
So you can be indicted for free speech? That will never make it past the Supremes? Originally Posted by oilfieldace
does the indictment specifically say its not about free speech?

i think smith was trying to differentiate free speech from a conspiracy

i have heard that the conspiracy statute is quite broad and may itself be unconstitutional in that regard

just about anyone but a dimocrat could be indicated for a conspiracy. all it takes is talk about or discuss or somehow convey feelings or explore ways to effect a change in something with one or more others
  • Tiny
  • 08-03-2023, 03:42 PM
does the indictment specifically say its not about free speech?

i think smith was trying to differentiate free speech from a conspiracy

i have heard that the conspiracy statute is quite broad and may itself be unconstitutional in that regard

just about anyone but a dimocrat could be indicated for a conspiracy. all it takes is talk about or discuss or somehow convey feelings or explore ways to effect a change in something with one or more others Originally Posted by nevergaveitathought
Agreed. It's not just the laws related to conspiracy although they must be among the best examples. Federal prosecutors have a wide variety of statutes available, so they can put anyone in jail:

The average professional in this country wakes up in the morning, goes to work, comes home, eats dinner, and then goes to sleep, unaware that he or she has likely committed several federal crimes that day. Why? The answer lies in the very nature of modern federal criminal laws, which have exploded in number but also become impossibly broad and vague. In Three Felonies a Day, Harvey A. Silverglate reveals how federal criminal laws have become dangerously disconnected from the English common law tradition and how prosecutors can pin arguable federal crimes on any one of us, for even the most seemingly innocuous behavior. The volume of federal crimes in recent decades has increased well beyond the statute books and into the morass of the Code of Federal Regulations, handing federal prosecutors an additional trove of vague and exceedingly complex and technical prohibitions to stick on their hapless targets.

https://www.econlib.org/three-felonies-a-day/

I highly recommend Silverglate's book. It shows you the futility of fighting The Man. That was the big mistake Trump made in the confidential documents case. If he'd turned over the papers when asked he wouldn't have gotten into hot water.