Ortiz vs. Mayweather

Tonight's the night.

Will Ortiz's power be able to catch up to Mayweather's speed?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qdqSCn6QtC4
If Mayweather is on his game, he should win. However, Ortiz definitely has a shot with that power.
I'm gonna go with money Mayweather on this one. I don't see ortiz posing much a threat, he might have power but that just means he'll be inclined to use it up faster.

What I wanna see is Paquiao v Mayweather.
Ortiz looked absolutely shredded at weigh-ins. Mayweather is undefeated, though, and you KNOW his management team isn't going to put him in too precarious a fight. They're very well-versed in the art of finding someone that has just enough big fights to hype (Mayweather's people spend more time hyping the other fighter than Mayweather) and show potential while assessing him as not too huge a threat overall.

Could Mayweather lose? Of course he could- but I doubt he will given his current team.
I will not pay for this fight. Just make Mayweather and Pacquio happen. Enough with these fights. There is a chance that Mayweather may lose tonight. That only tarnishes the fight of the generation.
I always thought mayweather was a classless coward, now I know he is.
Sometimes you got to unleash a flurry of punches when the Ref becomes, for some reason, subtle.
  • Trey
  • 09-17-2011, 11:02 PM
I read the live blog but did not see it heard it was a KO in the 4th feel free to elaborate your thoughts on it. I got a week till I see it.
I'm so mad right now I can't even see straight...that was an obvious cheapshot. Ortiz was an idiot for trying to apologize to that pos.
Yea, what happened? I don't purchase these types of events cause i'm usually dissapointed, besides i get to watch it the following week. But if Mayweather ever decides to fight Pacquiao, I'll just might pitch in and purchase it with some friends. Did it lived up to the hype?
  • Trey
  • 09-17-2011, 11:19 PM
I read a head butt and point taken from ortiz next line said ko.
Ortiz had Floyd trapped against the ropes and for some reason head butted him.
The ref stopped them to take a point from Ortiz while Ortiz was trying to hug Floyd in appology, Floyd sucker punched him twice (knocked him out). The Ref was looking at the judges the whole time and didn't see it. We ran it back several times and the ref did tell them to start just before the sucker punch . So it was legal but it looked really bad on Mayweather's part. The best part of the fight was during the afterfight interview. Mayweather got pissed at Larry Merchant for asking him about the sucker punch. Mayweather told Merchant thqt he was done with the interview because Merchant "never gives him an even break" and that Merchant "aint shit and don't know nothing bout boxing" Larry Merchant got in Floyds face and said "If I were 50 years younger I'd kick your ass!" It was fucking awesome!
  • Trey
  • 09-17-2011, 11:53 PM
Wow! Fucking crazy can't wait to see it. I bet this drives the big fight if it happens up 25% on ppv sales. He is an ass hole but the first rule of boxing is always protect yourself. Then again, I did not see the throw.
  • Trey
  • 09-18-2011, 12:30 AM
ok so I found this on the youtube and if you look at that head thrust it was pretty dirty as well he just didnt do a good job of throwing it or even doing it when the ref was looking away that to was a cheap shot that could have knocked a guy out. So he got punched on his hug oh well you get what you give.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RQcPSb_EqCY
Ok yea I cooled down now, and looking back Ortiz screwed up by headbutting Mayweather in the first place, that was just plain stupid. Then he followed it up by hugging and apologizing for it. He should've been ready to fight instead of kissing mayweather's ass and apologizing.

This kid's got a bright future ahead of him and hopefully he learns from his mistakes tonight. I pray that they fight a rematch.

On another note, my boy Canelo Alvarez looked damn good tonight. He's definitely a fighter to look out for.