Best Meal - Here in The Burgh

... G'day All you fans of Great Eats,

Don't be sad - and don't get blue
We gotta sometimes - do these threads, too.

... Ok, mates - Yer FAVOURITE meal here in Pittsburgh.

Whether it's at a fancy rich lord place, or one o' those
"hole-inside-the-wall" drive bars... Be it a 4-course supper
or a cut-lunch at a Pub... Or even brekky.

... Have at it -

#### Salty
Dinner, Arlechinos/ A La Famiglia

Lunch, Gaucho’s

Breakfast, Gab N Eat

That’s a murders row right there.
Corleones in Belle Vernon is quickly becoming my favorite spot in town.
Dinner, Arlechinos/ A La Famiglia Originally Posted by bambino
Is their Peters restaurant better than the one in Arlington?
Is their Peters restaurant better than the one in Arlington? Originally Posted by lustylad
Same family owns both. Same menu, same upscale ingredients. I live a lot closer to Arlechinos so I go there. A far safer location too. But A La Famiglia purchased the movie Theater which was next to it. And the Police station is a block away. It now has the Blue Pearl cigar bar. I’m going to check it out soon. Mebbe we should have a social there and invite WD so he can see how the “locals” roll?
I used to like Cioppino's in the Strip. Awesome seafood plus a great cigar bar in the back.
I used to like Cioppino's in the Strip. Awesome seafood plus a great cigar bar in the back. Originally Posted by lustylad
Been there. For steak and a cigar. It’s good, but not as good as A La Familigia IMHO
Corleones in Belle Vernon is quickly becoming my favorite spot in town. Originally Posted by Jacuzzme
Back in the mid 70’s, I would go the Sweeney’s for a burger and fries with gravy. I loved that place. It was on the RT 51 side of Belle Vernon.
Corleones in Belle Vernon is quickly becoming my favorite spot in town. Originally Posted by Jacuzzme
really? i was there a year or two ago and really was disappointed
Back in the mid 70’s, I would go the Sweeney’s for a burger and fries with gravy. I loved that place. It was on the RT 51 side of Belle Vernon. Originally Posted by bambino

sweeneys has a shooting there awhile back and never reopened
sweeneys has a shooting there awhile back and never reopened Originally Posted by chizzy
My College roommate and one of my best friends was from West Newton. We played softball for DeMarchis tavern. We beat everyone out that way. But Sweeneys back then was kinda a family joint. The food was pretty good. As well the Bluebird in Clairton, Blaine Hill in Elizabeth and the Rib guy in Donora. Is Luchese’s still open? That place was really good too.
My College roommate and one of my best friends was from West Newton. We played softball for DeMarchis tavern. We beat everyone out that way. But Sweeneys back then was kinda a family joint. The food was pretty good. As well the Bluebird in Clairton, Blaine Hill in Elizabeth and the Rib guy in Donora. Is Luchese’s still open? That place was really good too. Originally Posted by bambino
luchese's is still open, the old man died but his family still runs it. still good but the old man really knew how cook the filets........

im surprised you never went down to galatin to jeromes rib shack back in the day bam, all the studio wrestlers used to go there and the pre wwe guys. met andre the giant there once. holy shit, what a mountain of a man
luchese's is still open, the old man died but his family still runs it. still good but the old man really knew how cook the filets........

im surprised you never went down to galatin to jeromes rib shack back in the day bam, all the studio wrestlers used to go there and the pre wwe guys. met andre the giant there once. holy shit, what a mountain of a man Originally Posted by chizzy
Oh. I’ve been to Jerome’s. Batman sauce. My memory isn’t what it used to be! I thought he was in Donora. It has to be close to Donora. That was the rib joint I was referring to in a previous post. I also went to the original DJays ribs in Weirton. It was great when it was a hole in the wall. Now, it’s just an overpriced franchise.
Oh. I’ve been to Jerome’s. Batman sauce. My memory isn’t what it used to be! I thought he was in Donora. It has to be close to Donora. That was the rib joint I was referring to in a previous post. I also went to the original DJays ribs in Weirton. It was great when it was a hole in the wall. Now, it’s just an overpriced franchise. Originally Posted by bambino
jeromes was across the river from monongahela... he still cooks mobile from time to time. always had a good time with him.
jeromes was across the river from monongahela... he still cooks mobile from time to time. always had a good time with him. Originally Posted by chizzy
I’m surprised he’s still going. But Donora/Monessan is across the river from Monongahelia correct? It’s all in the same area.

BTW, on a side note, did you know Anthony Sparacino? Sputzy? He was from Monessan and a great singer/entertainer. I knew him. He would have won American Idol. He was that good.