Economy close to tanking?

I wonder if the Fed cutting interest rates by .5% means the economy is worse than all the numbers the Biden administration is putting out there.
Of course! all they do is lie
You clearly don’t understand the primary purpose of the feds interest rate.

Raising the rates increases borrowing costs for banks and consequently for businesses and consumers. This is intended to inhibit the growth of the economy and incentivize people to save money. It has the side effect of inhibiting employment as well. Keep it too high for too long and you risk a recession.

Lowering the rates is intended to have the opposite effect. To increase borrowing, growth, and employment. It inhibits savings in favor of investment.

Why would lowering rates indicate that the economy is “tanking “?
If you’re really worried about the economy you should worry that Trump will instigate a government shutdown.

On Wednesday afternoon, Trump chimed in on Truth Social, exhorting Republicans to take a hard line on the SAVE Act. “If Republicans don’t get the SAVE Act, and every ounce of it, they should not agree to a Continuing Resolution in any way, shape, or form,” Trump wrote, recklessly indifferent to the prospect of a government shutdown.
Yes
yes
Wrong
Good
A handful of Republicans voted to derail Speaker Johnson's plan linking funding to a Trump-backed voter ID bill. The government will shut down on Oct. 1 unless Congress acts.

With the Nov. 5 general election just 48 days away, Senate Minority Leader Mitch McConnell, R-Ky., is warning that a shutdown would be politically devastating for the GOP.

"One thing you cannot have at the government shutdown would be politically beyond stupid for us to do that right before the election," McConnell said Tuesday, "because certainly we'd get the blame.”

Read the full article for the whole story. I only posted excerpts from the article.
https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/con...act-rcna171635
If you’re really worried about the economy you should worry that Trump will instigate a government shutdown.

On Wednesday afternoon, Trump chimed in on Truth Social, exhorting Republicans to take a hard line on the SAVE Act. “If Republicans don’t get the SAVE Act, and every ounce of it, they should not agree to a Continuing Resolution in any way, shape, or form,” Trump wrote, recklessly indifferent to the prospect of a government shutdown. Originally Posted by txdot-guy
Is that the save trump's ass act?
I wonder if the Fed cutting interest rates by .5% means the economy is worse than all the numbers the Biden administration is putting out there. Originally Posted by farmstud60

I went shopping at HEB tonight, which tells me everything I need to know about a horrible economy.

Only a big time democrat living in some sort of alternate universe can deny the economy tanking.
I wonder if the Fed cutting interest rates by .5% means the economy is worse than all the numbers the Biden administration is putting out there. Originally Posted by farmstud60
You know about as much about economics as Trump evidently. He pondered the same thing. Meaning neither of you have any clue about monetary policy and the rationale for lowering interest rates after having raised them.
The OP is just parroting Trump. This is not good news for Trump's campaign, so he is just shitting all over it for his own gain.

I will let you MAGAs in on a little secret, your master is just blowing smoke up your asses as usual. Luckily for Trump, you folks will continue to spread those butt cheeks wide to make it easier for him to do so.

It is funny that when Trump was president, he constantly bitched about how the fed should lower the interest rates more. Now that it does not benefit his agenda, he states otherwise. What a shocking coincidence.

No, it was simply a bulllshit ploy 55 days ahead of the election. Those who know economics are laughing at this.
No, it was simply a bulllshit ploy 55 days ahead of the election. Those who know economics are laughing at this. Originally Posted by DEAR_JOHN
I’m speechless.
All my business contacts indicate the economic activity is strong out here in California
You know about as much about economics as Trump evidently. He pondered the same thing. Meaning neither of you have any clue about monetary policy and the rationale for lowering interest rates after having raised them. Originally Posted by 1blackman1

I have forgotten more about economics than you will ever know Blackman.
I will add this, FS, Look at the stock market today to know what they think about this recent rate cut. It never lies unlike that piece of shit Trump whom you champion.