Thinking of making a trip down....Thought? Suggestions?

It would be my first visit so please share the in's and out's! All pun intended

Places to stay?
In or out?
Weekday or Weekend?

Thanks all!

Ava
Omni hotel downtown is nice, near where I live, but not convenient for some.

At least for me, weekdays are best during the day

I checked out your showcase - your measurements are great!
Thanks! I do try

I assume downtown is not a great spot due to traffic or is it an LE issue?
I think you could do well here and I would love to see you make us part of your regular tour.

Check ur PM's.
Actually the traffic downtown along shoreline is not bad. On SPID and it's off ramps it can be bad.

I don't think LE is problem for those that are discreet.
I'm glad you are thinking of cumming down Ava. We would love to "have" you.
I prefer any of the hotels along SPID, but anywhere you stay is a short trip for us to make.
Thanks for the info. May I clarify the acronym SPID?
Actually the traffic downtown along shoreline is not bad. On SPID and it's off ramps it can be bad.

I don't think LE is problem for those that are discreet. Originally Posted by Louigi
I do not attract unwanted attention by inappropriate dress or manor so I should be good there
Sorry - SPID South Padre Island Drive aka 358. You will also hear talk about Crosstown hwy 286. Shoreline is after the end of Ocean Dr - obviously along the bay.
I think this time of year you can make good deals on priceline.com etc on hotels along Shoreline. The Holiday Inn has indoor pool and is on McGee beach. Two Omnis within walking distance of the Marina and all it's amenities. Joe's at the Marina is good, as well as Harrison's Landing, Landry's not so good - all three in Marina. Water st Seafood is good, as well as the Executive Surfclub - both downtown - all five of those are within walking distance of Omni, as well as Downtown Diner (killer stuffed flounder) and a couple of really good oriental places and one German Restaurant - oh and Katz 21 and Republic of Texas (at top of Omni Bayfront) upscale steak and seafood places.

All the usual chain eateries are along SPID. But the flavor of Corpus is best tasted and experienced on Shoreline. A wide sidewalk allows for cycling skateboarding etc. Bicycles can be rented near where Shoreline becomes Ocean.

Does it sound like I love Corpus - yes, especially the bay front where I live!
Sounds like I am going to love it too! Ooh I'm thinking sooner rather than later, the ambience alone...and you have all been such gentleman.

What's not to love
SPID has 2 meanings.

Literally. South Padre Island Drive.

In the local area, commonly advertised by Mr. Smith as....

Smitty's Perverted Illicit Directory.

If you choose the second definition, there is no turning back. You have been branded. No amount of scrubbing will help.

Seriously, I haven't been around CC too long, but all these palookas seem to be a bunch of good eggs.

I hope you enjoy your stay and I really hope I can meet you my own self.

Sympy.
Ava, pay no attention to the ramblings of sympy. He's a sick and twisted individual who pops in down here and causes trouble now and then. He reminds us of one of those rowdy spring breakers who gets out of hand. Back to the topic of this thread, hurry up and get on down here.
What a lively group you are!

I have appreciated all of the input and have chosen my travel dates...see you guys Nov 10-13. Will post an ad with details on Monday.

Ok, now I am forced to reschedule my trip. Before you fella's get the pitch forks out () I am not giving you the standard, my car broke down, I didn't get a response, blah blah blah. I am all about authenticity as I know no other way to be. Those that have met me can appreciate that personal aspect of me and know that I don't do flaky.

So what's the reason for the last min cancel?

My son was selected for regionals in his sport and my daughter made the finals for hers. Both events take place the weekend I scheduled to come down. Now, yes, I could still feasibly make the trip. Parents miss events for work often, but this "work" is not the same to me. No disrespect, I do enjoy this or else I wouldn't be doing it. But I can't ever get these two first time events back later.

Now what are you great guys that welcomed me with open arms going to get for my choice? Anyone that scheduled a session with me that would still like to visit with me when I arrive, will have their choice of either an additional 15 mins on your session OR receive the session at my P rate.

This is my way of saying thank you for all the love you guys have shown me and hope that you will continue to show me when I SHOW UP!

I do hope that you understand and will still welcome me down....