Dallas Sexually Oriented Business License

Who has one of these? How hard was it to get?
I have it on good authority that they can be difficult to come by. There are many rules such as it can't be located within 1000 feet of a school, church or day care. It also may open you up to more scrutiny than it is worth. Adult stores, strip clubs and the like that are registered typically have a bit more le presence than other businesses just to make sure they are on the up and up. I would suggest a more clandestine approach.
I have it on good authority that they can be difficult to come by. There are many rules such as it can't be located within 1000 feet of a school, church or day care. It also may open you up to more scrutiny than it is worth. Adult stores, strip clubs and the like that are registered typically have a bit more le presence than other businesses just to make sure they are on the up and up. I would suggest a more clandestine approach. Originally Posted by LatexLover
I agree. Between ABC and City of Dallas, the two pronged approach to enforcement is really hard to beat. If you don't serve alcohol, you're probably not going to have much business. It might be even harder in those parts of Dallas County that require you to have a membership in order to be served.
Alcohol? Who said anything about alcohol? I do not believe you need a SOB. You will need to be licensed as a business and certainly be inspected by the various and sundry agencies (fire department, code enforcement, etc.). You will also need constructioon permits and occupancy permits. I will contact the owner of The Sanctuary and find out what kind of licenses he is required to have.
Alcohol? Who said anything about alcohol? I do not believe you need a SOB. You will need to be licensed as a business and certainly be inspected by the various and sundry agencies (fire department, code enforcement, etc.). You will also need constructioon permits and occupancy permits. I will contact the owner of The Sanctuary and find out what kind of licenses he is required to have. Originally Posted by toyrrific
The Sanctuary does not have an SOB license, as its not a sexually oriented business. One of the commonest gripes is about not being able to do any penetration scenes during open dungeon nights, but that is normal cause its NOT a SOB. It's occupancy license is more like that of a regular showroom business, since it has equipment for sale, erotic artwork, etc.

Not being able to get a SOB was what killed Inquisition when they moved to their new facility. They went about it the wrong way, and Dallas code enforcement just killed them.