Handling the "Who Do You Work For?" Question

The SO/BF thread made me think of this.

Recently, I've had 3 ladies ask me who I work for. It's all happened this year and I was screened through P411 on all of them.

I registered with P411 so I wouldn't have to deal with this.

So, how do you guys (who are trying to keep this info hidden) deal with this question??
I don't answer it.
If its before screening and they ask, I find someone who P411 and datecheck is good enough info. If its after screening I just tell em I prefer not to say.

I pay for the screening services so I don't have to answer that anymore.
Lie... Who the hell cares... Make something up.. They are doing it to help pass the time and get you and them to feel a bit more comfy... Small talk if you will... Sides you get a chance to be anything you want to be... Hell I have been a police office on leave before.. they dont care
  • FK
  • 01-15-2012, 04:24 PM
I admit that I do ask, "what do you do?" if I don't already know; to make conversation and to have some topic of discussion if I'm in need of one. But I'm not asking for specifics like what company or even what city. Just a general idea so we would potentially have something to discuss, nothing more than that.
I mean, you do have to ask questions to show an interest in another person.....Speaking for myself, I try to keep them general.

When it comes to screening, I really don't care who you are, it's who you are not that concerns me the most.
The SO/BF thread made me think of this.

Recently, I've had 3 ladies ask me who I work for. It's all happened this year and I was screened through P411 on all of them.

I registered with P411 so I wouldn't have to deal with this.

So, how do you guys (who are trying to keep this info hidden) deal with this question?? Originally Posted by charlestudor2005

I might ask a client what do you do for a living, but I would never ask WHOM he works for. I generally wait until someone volunteers information. Occasionally though if a lady does ask you this question, gents, I don't think it means she's being overly nosy...sometimes it pops up in conversation just like when a client might ask a question to the lady. If I'm not comfortable answering it, I won't.
I might ask a client what do you do for a living, but I would never ask WHOM he works for. I generally wait until someone volunteers information. Occasionally though if a lady does ask you this question, gents, I don't think it means she's being overly nosy...sometimes it pops up in conversation just like when a client might ask a question to the lady. If I'm not comfortable answering it, I won't. Originally Posted by alluringava
I agree no one gas asked mw and I do not ask specifics, I'll ask what feild they work in but never the company. I lke to keep my questions open ended and vague so they can volunteer information as they see fit.
I agree no one gas asked mw and I do not ask specifics, I'll ask what feild they work in but never the company. I lke to keep my questions open ended and vague so they can volunteer information as they see fit. Originally Posted by SkylarCruzWantsYou
It isn't like you to misspell so much. Fingers on the wrong keys, or PWI?
Lol.

Anyways, I agree with the others. If the guy has p411, there is no need for employment info.
So, how do you guys (who are trying to keep this info hidden) deal with this question?? Originally Posted by charlestudor2005
I cross her off the list and move on.
None of their business and I would never tell them that.. I'm retired so don't tell anybody
I tell them I'm a full time man whore!
  • 10-4
  • 01-15-2012, 10:10 PM
I have my own vacation company and travel everywhere.
It isn't like you to misspell so much. Fingers on the wrong keys, or PWI? Originally Posted by charlestudor2005
I am posting on my phone the past two days been shooting a documentary and I suck on touch screens (not in a good way) I'll be back to my old literate self once I am done with my part of the project.
Lol.

Anyways, I agree with the others. If the guy has p411, there is no need for employment info. Originally Posted by ZarahAdams
@CT You should be verified and then some. Asking about who your employer is too much information. Even in my personal life I feel that's none of anyone's business until YOU decide to tell them. There's a difference between asking who your employer is and asking what KIND of work you do.

Newbies are a different story.
I am posting on my phone the past two days been shooting a documentary and I suck on touch screens (not in a good way) I'll be back to my old literate self once I am done with my part of the project. Originally Posted by SkylarCruzWantsYou
I'm not given to watching documentaries, but would make an exception here just to see your beautiful form.