Quick Way to Mark Threads/Forums Read

Is there a quick way to do this? After I read a thread, it seems to stay marked as unread (bolded in my list). What am I missing? Is there a quick way to mark it read so when I return to my Subscribed Thread list is doesn't show as unread?
Use the 'forum tools' menu atop the forum listing and select mark forum read.
Use the 'forum tools' menu atop the forum listing and select mark forum read. Originally Posted by johnnybax
Thanks much. Can an individual thread be marked as read?
Typically, once you're done reading a thread if you will scroll to top of page and click the forum instead of just clicking the back button on your browser it will mark a thread as read.
  • Blaze
  • 05-06-2012, 01:52 PM
Uhm, done both of the suggestions and it didnt work either. The only way for me is to revisit the thread or forum to make it show the forum or thread viewed.
  • Mokoa
  • 05-06-2012, 05:33 PM
Using the Back button on your browser causes it to display the copy of the web page it has in it's cache. The PHP and/or Javascript code behind the page does not run again.

When you do as JB suggested...

Typically, once you're done reading a thread if you will scroll to top of page and click the forum instead of just clicking the back button on your browser it will mark a thread as read. Originally Posted by johnnybax
You cause the browser to get a new copy of the web page from the site's server. This also causes the PHP and/or Javascript code behind the page to execute again, updating the information the web page displays.
also, you can refresh the page, that seems to work as well.
Just thought I'd throw this out there too... you can also scroll to the bottom of the ECCIE.net homepage and click Mark Forums Read to mark all forums as read.

http://www.eccie.net/forumdisplay.php?do=markread