Business question!

I am in need of some help from a business minded fella. I have my own business and have some questions that i can't get answered! If there is anyone that thinks they may can help, I would love to take you to lunch so I can pick your brain and try and get my questions answered!
Can you be more specific as to what aspect of business you need help with?
Well I hate to get too specific on here, but I'm needing help closing my business because I'm trying to reopen it, and I am getting charged all these fines and it seems I can't get everything closed! Can I send you a pm?
PM sent. Articles of Dissolution. Basically, you need an attorney or if you feel comfortable with a site like Legal Zoom, you can knock it out there. Close out the current corporation, llc, inc, or dba. Then, create Articles of Incorporation for the new business.
Shag's right. You need to dissolve your current corporation (whatever the format) and create a new one with the state. Otherwise, they'll keep hitting you. He's also right about needing an atty or someone comfortable drafting legal documents. If you're not comfortable doing it yourself, PM me and I may be able to help you find someone.
I agree with Shag and theQid.

You can see an attorney or do it yourself. I've started and done away with a few businesses over the years and I realized how to do it myself after the first time without paying an attorney $1000 again. After you've dissolved your old corp and you are ready to start a new one, call the Secretary of State and request to reserve a name in the new companies name. Once they send that to you, staple it to your New Articles of Incorporation (basically a copy of your old ones), carry it to the court house and they will stamp, file it, and send it to Montgomery. Then fill out the required Business Privilege Tax Forms.
  • FK
  • 01-29-2012, 10:17 AM
Google "dissolving a business in Alabama" or "starting a business in Alabama" what ever you need to do. The forms are available on the website, you can download, fill them out and send them in or deliver.
My accountant in Alabam is hobby friendly if you need help. He is a great guy. I've know him since 2005. He has a young lawyer just starting out in his office building now too....