Help- Laptop Display Cracked

This laptop is six weeks old. It was dropped and the display was cracked. Can someone please tell me what options I have and cost? It is a 15.6" screen

Thank you
  • ~Ze~
  • 02-27-2012, 03:57 PM
I have had many a laptop repaired.

When I dropped my tablet/swivel screen... I purchased a replacement from the maker's site(or ebay). Then took it to my local repair shop and they swapped it out and ran diagnostic. The screen was about 150 and the labor about 100.

My insurance would have been a 250 or more deduct. A new latop would have cost me more.

Search ebay and see what you can pull up. Those little numbers on the bottom of your unit aren't there to make it look pretty. *wink*
  • Go4it
  • 02-27-2012, 11:26 PM
Supposedly this guy is really good and has a good price. I have not used him, but had more than one person recommend him for all types of console repairs including laptops, I-phones, and those playstations thingys (can you tell I don't play on them).

Pro Console Repair
633 Bedford-Euless Rd, Hurst
817-803-4867
This laptop is six weeks old. It was dropped and the display was cracked. Can someone please tell me what options I have and cost? It is a 15.6" screen

Thank you Originally Posted by Luvgcz
What is the make/model of the laptop?
Lenovo g570 pdc b950
A) If you were technically inclined you could pick up a replacement lcd on eBay and put it in.
B) If you aren't technically inclined I can recommend Tran Computers over on Garland Rd in Dallas. Reasonably priced and they know their stuff. Sometimes they have parts in house as well if you don't mind refurbished parts instead of new. (lower cost)
  • 69er
  • 02-28-2012, 09:17 PM
Did you buy it with a credit card? Some of those credit cards have very nice warranties on electronics. Worth a call to your credit card company.

I got a brand new pair or expensive sunglasses replaced for free, when the next day they fell onto concrete, and both lenses shattered like auto glass! I like my VISA card.
Here's a replacement screen.

http://www.screentekinc.com/ppc-seri...FS2htgod-hBsTQ

Cost you $76.00 Several techs around town that will install it for $75.00 or less.
If you are located in the mid cites area, I can help as I own a computer repair shop
Bubba - does your avatar work in your shop? If so, I am driving from Rockwall to the mid cities.
LOL, I wish but them I would never get anyting done. last time I talked to her, she was in Ohio but thats been quite awhile