Help me out here, why no texting?

I see this more and more on ads where the provider says 'No Texting'. Not as much on here but certainly on the BeeP ads. Why is that? Is there a security reason why texts are not preferred? Is it a cost issue (paying per text)? I have to wonder how many opportunities are missed due to cutting off a primary channel of communication and especially one that might be used more often by fellas that are a little more shy than others.
3 wild guesses here but I think for most BP ladies the initial telephone conversation is the bulk of the screening. Also text messages can be printed out at a later date by le. And I would rather get a call from a number I don't know and not answer when I'm with my girlfriend than open a text while in bed at 1am and she looks over my shoulder reading it saying "are you available for incall tonight"
Screening is the biggest one from everything I have heard.
If they are shy they can email. I don't use a phone for any prescreened contact and it hasn't created any issues.
I have a couple reasons, but the main reason is I don't have the patience to text. It takes 20 minutess to text something that could be said in 5 minutes or less via a phone call.

Texting can be printed out and used against you.

I really dislike texting.
Some women i've seen (regardless of their NO TEXTING emblazoned on their ads) have no problem with texting after they've met me or if it is under their control. I delete my text messages to providers on a weekly basis and even then when they're not, I have them in a private area on my phone so no one can just happen upon them without the pass code.

Some ladies don't like digital paper trails and I'm fine with that. Some, I will text or email all day until I get to their spot. Some ladies when doing an outcall will text me until they get lost or are confirming they're at the right house.

To me, it isn't a big deal to not text unless I'm trying to get a hold of them when i'm someplace I can't talk freely at (like my job).
I don't mind texting after a rapport has been built or for a brief initial contact - but I will move from text to voice for screening, and subsequently back to text for convenience if the client prefers. My goal is to accommodate my client's preferred method of communication. I know that some ladies are leery of texts, some dislike email and others won't speak on the phone (they erroneously believe they will enjoy some level of plausible deniability that they personally wrote anything, in the absence of a recording of their voice to accompany text or email communications).

To each their own . . . but for me, I try to just make the process "user friendly".

- Jackie
My process is very user friendly. But you have to be at least this much of a technophile to ride this ride.
My process is very user friendly. But you have to be at least this much of a technophile to ride this ride. Originally Posted by SillyGirl
+1 OneMale
I personally hate text. The main reason is because I am bad at texting. I was brought up if I needed to speak to someone I called. All my civie friends hate it because they will text me and I don't respond. For me email is King and phone calls are queen. Since I opened up my business over a year ago I can't always answer my phone but I can always respond to an email.

To each their own.

Kisses,
Andy
I think a lot of girls put that in their ad just to reduce the amount of texts they get. They usually still accept them. For me it is usually inconvenient to call while sitting around a bunch of coworkers, but I can text without issue.
Why I dont...
It's impersonal. Who knows who's typing it. Printing it. Sharing it.
Takes 10 txts that cost 1 phone minute each to accomplish a 2min conversation.
Really annoying, lengthy and tedious to txt on a cheap hobby phone.
Email.
I hated texting on a Hobby Phone, that is one of the main reasons I ditched the hobby phone, got a smart phone and Google Voice.

And for everyone that is wondering how I keep my hobby info safe on my smart phone... there is an app for that!
I ditched my phone period. All initial communication is conducted through e-mail and PM until the time of the appointment. It's just my preference.