For all you hamburger lovers out there! yum yum

What is really in your hamburger? Or in your ground beef from the market?

mmmmm...mmmmm.. yum.. pink slime, amonia..yum!

Did you really think it was all pure ground beef? But let's face it, I am sure it isn't any better or worse than all the other Shit you eat..lmao
They have been using this stuff for years.

Ever eaten Potted Meat? Don't read the label.
being in the meat business for 35+ years I am very familiar with this product, in fact I was using the earlier products that could only go into chili and a few other products

One of the industry's mag's had an article that described in detail what the procedures were and I cannot find it at the moment but the film describes it pretty well. I have never understood how this got passed off as "beef" but I do now. The company's president is a slim ball, he use to follow our trucks to see where it was going

http://www.meatpoultry.com/News/News...nt%20tour.aspx
Geez, I try to go to the local meat and fish market as much as possible, but now I'll try harder to get there more often. CPT, please don't tell me if the little markets use it too, let me eat in peace please, lol
They have been using this stuff for years.

Ever eaten Potted Meat? Don't read the label. Originally Posted by Jackie S
I love potted meat!! lol

Grew up with Spam too..haha

I just find it amazing that everyone thinks that there are not fillers or chemicals in any of the meat. What is that process they use to make the meat look brighter red in the grocery market?
One can always buy a home kitchen meat grinder and just grind their own meat. But people love the convenience foods they just don't really want to know what is in them. The one thing I saw on the news is that all this fuss is causing some factories to be shut down? Like over 200 ppl losing their jobs over this?
Trimmings are one thing. The connective tissue in Pink Slime is dog food only. Jeeez...Ammonia yea our boddies produce it. But we ain't supposed to consume it....It's kind of like drinking piss...no thanks.....Give me a Slim Jim.....
I love potted meat!! lol

Grew up with Spam too..haha

I just find it amazing that everyone thinks that there are not fillers or chemicals in any of the meat. What is that process they use to make the meat look brighter red in the grocery market?
One can always buy a home kitchen meat grinder and just grind their own meat. But people love the convenience foods they just don't really want to know what is in them. The one thing I saw on the news is that all this fuss is causing some factories to be shut down? Like over 200 ppl losing their jobs over this? Originally Posted by Sexyeccentric1
Spam is nothing but pork shoulder meat and Hormel can forecast 98% their sales
The trouble is that the real story isn't being told.

1. It is 100% beef.
2. It is safer than regular ground beef.
3. The amonia product has been widely used in the food industry as a preservative for years. I would bet all of you have products in your house with it in now, like Jello.

It actually is a better protein source, and it reduces the fat and produces a lean healthy protein source with the right amino acid profile for sound human nutrition.
The trouble is that the real story isn't being told.

1. It is 100% beef.
2. It is safer than regular ground beef.
3. The amonia product has been widely used in the food industry as a preservative for years. I would bet all of you have products in your house with it in now, like Jello.

It actually is a better protein source, and it reduces the fat and produces a lean healthy protein source with the right amino acid profile for sound human nutrition. Originally Posted by farmstud60
OMG, even if it is true, it's still fucking gross! I would bet a million bucks it has more to do with money than anything else though. What is wrong with just taking a steak and grinding it up and putting in package for us to buy?
"What is wrong with just taking a steak and grinding it up and putting in package for us to buy?"

Because I want the steak as a steak to eat LOL.

I'm sure I've eaten the product, but not too often. It is good, would rather have that than eat 80% lean hamburger which means it has 20% fat in it.
Let's all meet at Five Guys!
  • CJ7
  • 03-29-2012, 12:59 PM
being in the meat business for 35+ years I am very familiar with this product, in fact I was using the earlier products that could only go into chili and a few other products

One of the industry's mag's had an article that described in detail what the procedures were and I cannot find it at the moment but the film describes it pretty well. I have never understood how this got passed off as "beef" but I do now. The company's president is a slim ball, he use to follow our trucks to see where it was going

http://www.meatpoultry.com/News/News...nt%20tour.aspx Originally Posted by cptjohnstone

processing is kinda mild ... tell everyone about the packing houses

"What is wrong with just taking a steak and grinding it up and putting in package for us to buy?"

Because I want the steak as a steak to eat LOL.

I'm sure I've eaten the product, but not too often. It is good, would rather have that than eat 80% lean hamburger which means it has 20% fat in it. Originally Posted by farmstud60
you should know whether it is 95 lean or 80 lean, this product only leans the product up and you can add 50% beef trim to bring the desired lean content down. FAT IS FLAVOR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! If you like 95 lean ground beef, you will not lose much when cooking it but you will have no flavor
What hot dogs are made of.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=001dtJ0srBI Originally Posted by joe bloe
I am not going to watch the film, hot dogs are nothing more than highly emulsified ground beef unless there is something else on the label, like beef hearts, now hot links is a different story. I had one customer using salivary glands

one last thing, the only thing that escapes a packing house is the bellow of the cow