Nothing Says "I Love America" Like...

Good ole offshore accounts maybe thats how so many rich got away with not paying a federal income tax!
Yes yes if youre smart with your money its really un American.
I hope to be wealthy enough ( or my next generation) to want to shield assets from the Democrat's redistrubtion.
How much did Romney give to charity ?

How much taxes did Romney pay?

How much did Obama ?

How much did Biden ?
Good ole offshore accounts maybe thats how so many rich got away with not paying a federal income tax! Originally Posted by Sexyeccentric1
Yes it is. Remember when Obama said he was going to shut tax havens down? He had to walk that back when all the Unions called to inform him that is where they keep all their pension money. A lot of big charitable foundations use the Cayman's as well. Nothing like a run for the cure in the good ol Cayman Islands to dodge a little taxes

Fixed it for you.

You're welcome.
Good ole offshore accounts maybe thats how so many rich got away with not paying a federal income tax! Originally Posted by Sexyeccentric1
And the REALLY smart ones that people vote for to be POTUS even get out of state taxes by parking their yachts next door in RI.
Understand I don't like Romney at all, but I have this question. Did he do something illegal? Then he should be prosecuted. However, if he used legal means to reduce his tax burden, why is that a problem? Even the Supreme Court, in a rare display of wisdom, stated that no one is obligated to pay more tax than they are legally obligated to pay. If he parks money in the Cayman's legally, and reduces his tax burden, good for him. If he parks his yacht in RI to avoid MA tax, and it's not illegal, fine.

Do you not take deductions you are legally entitled to? Probably not, so why expect Romney to be any different. Being rich does not mean he needs to voluntarily submit himself to extra taxes he wouldn't normally have to pay. Unless he is doing something illegal, I don't see a problem here.

That being said, he's still a statist, and should never be POTUS.
How much did Romney give to charity ?

How much taxes did Romney pay?

How much did Obama ?

How much did Biden ? Originally Posted by Whirlaway
don't the Mormans have to give 10%+ to their church?
Oooh, you really know how to hurt a guy!

. . . I suppose now I'd better not even mention the elevator for my car I building for my new home!

Fixed it for you.

You're welcome. Originally Posted by TheDaliLama
  • Old-T
  • 04-07-2012, 04:57 PM
Understand I don't like Romney at all, but I have this question. Did he do something illegal? Then he should be prosecuted. However, if he used legal means to reduce his tax burden, why is that a problem? Even the Supreme Court, in a rare display of wisdom, stated that no one is obligated to pay more tax than they are legally obligated to pay. If he parks money in the Cayman's legally, and reduces his tax burden, good for him. If he parks his yacht in RI to avoid MA tax, and it's not illegal, fine.

Do you not take deductions you are legally entitled to? Probably not, so why expect Romney to be any different. Being rich does not mean he needs to voluntarily submit himself to extra taxes he wouldn't normally have to pay. Unless he is doing something illegal, I don't see a problem here. Originally Posted by CuteOldGuy
Quit being logical. That is against he rules in this forum, isn't it?

This post is an example of how both sides are hypocrits, seeing evil when the "other side" does something legal, but sees no harm when their side does the same thing.