Champions League

Just wondering if anybody is watching the champions league. Barcelona is playing Chelsea in the semi finals, match will be starting in a couple of minutes.
Nope but the Penquins/Flyers matchup tonight should be a great game. Man, have there been some fireworks in that series.
Nope but the Penquins/Flyers matchup tonight should be a great game. Man, have there been some fireworks in that series. Originally Posted by boardman
Agreed. Actually, all of the games so far in the first round have been excellent. You know when the star of the team gets into fights that there's major tension between the teams.
Agreed. Actually, all of the games so far in the first round have been excellent. You know when the star of the team gets into fights that there's major tension between the teams. Originally Posted by fritz3552
Roman Polak beat the shit out of Justin Braun the other night. His last punch sent Braun spinning. He had to be seeing stars.

Raffi Torres won't play another game in the Blackhawks series...For his own safety. He wouldn't make it out of the first period without someone knocking his block off if he played after that vicious hit on Hossa.

I'm partial to The Devils. They've been my team ever since Scott Stevens was showing people how to win championships with bone crushing defense. That guy could turn an otherwise routine hit into a concussion with a little dip of his shoulder.
Roman Polak beat the shit out of Justin Braun the other night. His last punch sent Braun spinning. He had to be seeing stars.

Raffi Torres won't play another game in the Blackhawks series...For his own safety. He wouldn't make it out of the first period without someone knocking his block off if he played after that vicious hit on Hossa.

I'm partial to The Devils. They've been my team ever since Scott Stevens was showing people how to win championships with bone crushing defense. That guy could turn an otherwise routine hit into a concussion with a little dip of his shoulder. Originally Posted by boardman
It's a shame that Marty Brodeur (sp) was pulled last night, but after blowing a 3-0 lead, they had to pull the trigger.

I really don't have a dog in this fight, although I am partial to the Western Conference teams (except Detroit and Chicago). I'd like to see Phoenix do some damage, and I know the Kings are putting it to the Canucks. But to see the Blues rise up from virtual obscurity three years ago when JD took over as President (EDIT - it was GM - my mistake) (I thought it was going to be a repeat of Matt Millen with the Lions), to where they have come now - it should be their cup to lose.
In regard to the OP - isn't the mentioning of "soccer" a rules violation?? LOL J/K

No, I mean, seriously . . . .
Is it because they are "kicking balls" ????? lol
It's a shame that Marty Brodeur (sp) was pulled last night, but after blowing a 3-0 lead, they had to pull the trigger.

I really don't have a dog in this fight, although I am partial to the Western Conference teams (except Detroit and Chicago). I'd like to see Phoenix do some damage, and I know the Kings are putting it to the Canucks. But to see the Blues rise up from virtual obscurity three years ago when JD took over as President (EDIT - it was GM - my mistake) (I thought it was going to be a repeat of Matt Millen with the Lions), to where they have come now - it should be their cup to lose. Originally Posted by fritz3552
Glad to see we have Ice Hockey fans on the board, Go Red Wings!!!!
But I think they will be going to play golf next week.
Glad to see we have Ice Hockey fans on the board, Go Red Wings!!!!
But I think they will be going to play golf next week. Originally Posted by old-tyme-racer
You're probably right. Nick Lindstrom's one of the classiest players in the league, and Mike Babcock's the NHL equivalent of Bill Belichick, but the Preds seem to have their number this year.

I'm watching the Pens/Flyers game, and I can feel the tension here. It's 2-1 Pens in the 1st, 6:00 left, and another Flyers PP. Seems like when the Pens are on a roll, they get a penalty that allows the Flyers' strong PP to take advantage. Giroux's playing like he's possessed - even better than Briere.
Pens 9-Flyers 3, battle of field goal kickers LOL
Pens 9-Flyers 3, battle of field goal kickers LOL Originally Posted by old-tyme-racer
10-3 now...Pitt kicked the extra point.
10-3 now...Pitt kicked the extra point. Originally Posted by fritz3552
That game was ugly.