Passwords

I have two laptops that are Windows password protected. They were both given to me by P4P ladies. I didn't question where they got them.

Is there any way I can hit F8 on startup and use 'Safe Boot' to get past these passwords?

I really don't want to call the Geek Squad out, because I don't know if these laptops are worth spending money on or not.
I am definitely not a nerd, but I have reloaded Windows. If you have the software available, that will work and of course all data is gone. That could be a good thing considering the source of the laptops.

A friend and I took her computer to Fry's to have them get past the lost password and reloading was the only method they had.

Torito
If Windows Xp, Windows 7, Windows NT, Windows 2000 Nope
But do you REALLY want to have geeks work on them ESPECIALLY you do not know what is on them?? COULD land you in a whole lot of serious trouble.

[ You might want to Google some hack out there e.g. ' Windows 7 password hack']

What to do?

Reload the system software, which you will have to buy- hint try Ebay
  • Mokoa
  • 05-10-2012, 10:07 PM
To get past the passwords on the laptops...

http://www.ultimatebootcd.com/
I ordered this software:

http://www.spotmau.com/products/pack...tware.html#334

I figured for $36.90 it's worth the gamble.

Hopefully I'll end up with two fully functioning laptops that I can trade for pussy.

Thanks everyone.
If windows xp, the process is simple, you don't even need any software. For vista and windows 7, you will need a program to edit the Sam file, windows nt password edit that's on UBCD4WIN does that job nicely and it's free.

B
  • thx
  • 05-14-2012, 07:41 PM
Oh, ok, they just want their passwords reset.
I was thinking that you were wanting to do a secure disk wipe and reload them to a clean os state.
can you not take out the battery for 24 hrs and re set it that has worked for me in the past
Hopefully, I'm not beating a dead horse here.

For non-encrypted files - pop the disk out, connect it up as a "data" disk on a different system where you have admin privs. Look at what's on it - keep or discard as you wish. I wouldn't "run" anything from it, but "viewing" the data shouldn't be too hard.
Learn something everyday!
can you not take out the battery for 24 hrs and re set it that has worked for me in the past Originally Posted by skirtchaser79411
That will reset the CMOS and BIOS, not passwords to the operating system.

B
I have two laptops that are Windows password protected. They were both given to me by P4P ladies. I didn't question where they got them.

Is there any way I can hit F8 on startup and use 'Safe Boot' to get past these passwords?

I really don't want to call the Geek Squad out, because I don't know if these laptops are worth spending money on or not. Originally Posted by trynagetlaid

There are ways to boot off a special linux distro CD that contains tools to crack the pw or zero it out. If you are not familiar with linux I would not attempt it..

best thing to do is get the make and model.. look up specs, go into bios and get info.. if its a decent laptop, wipe it and load your own ow