Vice Sting in Overland Park over the weekend

Guess they arrested 11 people over a 2 day period in OP last weekend.

http://oppdchief.blogspot.com/2012/0...ests-over.html
Fox4 said it was 29
There were two separate stings. One by Johnson County Sheriffs which I think is the one in desoto discussed in the alerts thread (29) and then the one in Overland Park (11) with 40 total.

http://fox4kc.com/2012/05/21/johnson...ts-40-arrests/
“With prostitution comes violent crime, drugs, guns, all the other crimes go right along hand-in-hand with prostitution. So it’s not a victimless crime

Yes because fucking for money really creates crime where there was none before. How stupid people continue to function in positions of power boggles my mind.
I always like it when the news shows you how to find the girls, like showing the backpage adds on t.v. Pretty much saying, just in case you, our viewer at home that had been contemplating hiring a girl but not sure how to find them, well here you go.

Same thing when KU was winning in the basketball tournament the news was complaining how girls were tweeting pictures of their t-shirts with "Kansas" or "Jayhawks" over their breast and were tight and revealing, basically showing off their tits. So then the news station's website added a link to all the pics of the girls.

......Just thought of another thing related to the news showing BP adds. You could see Jasmine Skyy's add during the "prostitute segment". So basically the news just called her a prostitute on t.v. Isn't that a form of slander? Do they have proof that every add in there is for prostitution? Would she have any recourse against the news station?
I always like it when the news shows you how to find the girls, like showing the backpage adds on t.v. Pretty much saying, just in case you, our viewer at home that had been contemplating hiring a girl but not sure how to find them, well here you go.

Same thing when KU was winning in the basketball tournament the news was complaining how girls were tweeting pictures of their t-shirts with "Kansas" or "Jayhawks" over their breast and were tight and revealing, basically showing off their tits. So then the news station's website added a link to all the pics of the girls.

......Just thought of another thing related to the news showing BP adds. You could see Jasmine Skyy's add during the "prostitute segment". So basically the news just called her a prostitute on t.v. Isn't that a form of slander? Do they have proof that every add in there is for prostitution? Would she have any recourse against the news station? Originally Posted by smoothpapa
I think she would have to out herself in order to do that.

Maybe she doesnt wish to be outted.

Same thing when KU was winning in the basketball tournament the news was complaining how girls were tweeting pictures of their t-shirts with "Kansas" or "Jayhawks" over their breast and were tight and revealing, basically showing off their tits. So then the news station's website added a link to all the pics of the girls. Originally Posted by smoothpapa
Welcome to May sweeps. This is when television stations set their advertising rates for the next three months, so they do anything they can to get good numbers for the month.
“With prostitution comes violent crime, drugs, guns, all the other crimes go right along hand-in-hand with prostitution. So it’s not a victimless crime

Yes because fucking for money really creates crime where there was none before. How stupid people continue to function in positions of power boggles my mind. Originally Posted by KenMonk
I'll remember that the next time someone posts about being attacked or shady people hanging out in cars or people not wanting to see a girl because the situation doesn't feel right.
Welcome to May sweeps. This is when television stations set their advertising rates for the next three months, so they do anything they can to get good numbers for the month. Originally Posted by KCQuestor
Like clockwork every year.

A) They used to say, "With alcohol comes violent crime, drugs, guns, all the other crimes go right along hand-in-hand with alcohol." Then they legalized it and the sky didn't fall. In fact things got better. Now you can't even find a cop that doesn't drink. Prohibition causes violence.

B) The whole "...not a victimless crime" line should be read as "Instead of thinking I parrot what other people tell me." Who is the victim? The guy? The guy never gets to be the victim. The lady? Then why do they lock her in a cage? The police? Maybe...they don't get any money if it is just consentual sex between adults behind closed doors. They don't even get a BJ.

See? The police are the real victims here. We should all throw a pity party for them.
I was encouraged by a fellow provider today to visit KC and was about to post an ad.

I do screen well, but I tend to be extra cautious in a new area.

Like clockwork every year. Originally Posted by jayhawkrobbie
I was encouraged by a fellow provider today to visit KC and was about to post an ad.

I do screen well, but I tend to be extra cautious in a new area. Originally Posted by heidilynnla
TV Sweeps occur in February, May (the Wed. before Memorial Day), September and November (ending the day before Thanksgiving). It's when the TV stations try to increase their ratings so they can charge more for advertising. It's also when you can see news reports regarding prostitution, organized crime, drinking and driving or other sensational reports to drive up the ratings. The TV stations around here work with the local LEO to do stings - and since there are four TV stations with local news, each station chooses a month and has a story during that rating period. This time it was Fox4's turn; last time (Feb) it was Ch. 5's turn.

You should also know that increased threat of sting operations will occur during a major sporting event (NASCAR, Big XII basketball tournament, etc) - this year it'll probably be during the MLB All-Star Game in July. Just be careful and screen - you should be fine.

I do screen well, but I tend to be extra cautious in a new area. Originally Posted by heidilynnla
heidilynnla, I was talking about television Sweeps Month, not about any particular LE prostitution sweeps. But as fritz3552 points out, they often go hand-in-hand. This isn't unique to Kansas City
No wonder this month has been really slow.
SMH
TV Sweeps occur in February, May (the Wed. before Memorial Day), September and November (ending the day before Thanksgiving). It's when the TV stations try to increase their ratings so they can charge more for advertising. It's also when you can see news reports regarding prostitution, organized crime, drinking and driving or other sensational reports to drive up the ratings. The TV stations around here work with the local LEO to do stings - and since there are four TV stations with local news, each station chooses a month and has a story during that rating period. This time it was Fox4's turn; last time (Feb) it was Ch. 5's turn.

You should also know that increased threat of sting operations will occur during a major sporting event (NASCAR, Big XII basketball tournament, etc) - this year it'll probably be during the MLB All-Star Game in July. Just be careful and screen - you should be fine. Originally Posted by fritz3552
Let's not forget this is an election year....some positions, like Sheriff, District Attorneys and some judges are up for election. They always want to be seen as being "tough on crime" in an election year. It's very costly, and dangerous (and usually falls into federal jurisdiction) to go after dealers, trafffickers and other violent criminals. But it's easy and "made for tv" to rent a hotel room, post a BP/CL add and wait for the flies to come into the web. They can set it up, run it and have it all packaged before the 10 o clock news. Free PR. WAY cheaper than most campaign strategies.