Minimizing Side Windows/Pictures, Etc

Sorry if this has been asked recently. I scanned through the first page and didn't see a similar post.

About every 3-4 weeks, I clear out all my cookies, etc. In doing so, when I return to ECCIE, all of the ads on each side of the page appear, the featured showcase pictures are displayed, and all of the location options at the bottom show. Previously, I was able to click the ^ arrow on each advertisement in order to "minimize" the ad, thereby making my screen look as normal as possible in case of wandering eyes.

Today, I notice that those ^ arrows are no longer available on ads and showcase features, although they are still there for the various locations. Can we still minimize the ads/pictures?
We've been working on some coding and upgrades. Should have the option to collapse all the windows back shortly.
Thanks, johnny
  • ~Ze~
  • 06-09-2012, 06:31 AM
You should look into getting Ad-BlockPlus for whichever browser you are using. It allows you to permanently remove banners/signs on a website. It works on all the gif/flash/jpg items on here. Hell, I even removed the ECCIE banner at the top left so that when I am browsing in an airport, no one can easily make out what I am reading.

Now if only I could find a better browser for my ipad and work the same thing out there. *sigh*
  • Paven
  • 06-09-2012, 11:30 AM
I wish that eccie had a buffer page, before opening the body parts coming at you live page. More discretion would be better in my opinion.
I use firefox and use the adblock plus plugin to remove all images from the site. It's awesome.. yes it makes the screen very white, but it's worth it to me.
...before opening the body parts coming at you Originally Posted by Paven
Speaking of body parts coming at you, Paven, nice avatar!