Pregnancy Parties...real or urban legend?

A buddy whom I totally trust just told me about a big but VERY UTR fad that he's encountered in a couple of cities (he's a CFO for a company with locations throughout the country). Swears he participated in one but it sounds like the stuff of urban legend to me.

They're called "pregnancy parties" or "conception parties".

Here's the deal: When a woman decides she wants to get pregnant, she (or "they", if she's married, and he said that the majority are for married women) host a party and invite their closest male friends (and their significant others, if applicable). The rest is very simple: The woman has sex with every guy there in an attempt to conceive. He said sometimes they will hold them a couple of days in a row to maximize the chances, but it's usually only once, when she is known to be ovulating.

Sometimes she has sex with the guys in front of everyone, and at other parties she retires to the bedroom and the guys come up one at a time. Apparently it's really festive and exciting; cocktails, music, food. He said it's not like an orgy; he said that it's actually kind of "spiritual" (his term). It kind of a communal event the way I understand it. He said he had a ball. The understanding, of course, is that the guys are in no way on the hook for the kid if the party is successful in accomplishing it's mission.

Anybody ever hear of this or been a part of one?
You know there are other options out there for those who have troubles conceiving being it the guy or the girl's issues. It's called adoption LOL.
I have heard of breeding parties but they are ladies who love a lot of cum in them.
No thanks. With my luck I'll get hit with a paternity suit 10 years later and have to pay a lot of child support! BTDT don't want to do it again! Love the kid, hated writing a check every month to a woman that hates my guts and wants me dead.
I'd hate to be the guy at the end of the line.