Personal Security Question

I am moving and want to have some sort of personal security on outside of my place. What would be the best thing to use to be able to "watch" your entrances to the outside of the place? Especially my back door and should I use a motion sensor light outside also?
Home depot has a HUGE selection of motion activated lights. They are cheap and really easy to install. I've got one over my garage door and one over my back door. If anything moves in my backyard, it’s like daylight. An even cheaper solution is to install a low energy, fluorescent light bulb over your back door. A 7 watt fluorescent bulb puts out the same light as a 100 watt incandescent light. Just leave it on 24/7.

Thieves HATE lights.
If you are moving do NOT file a change of address card with the Post Office with your new address

Instead get a P.O. Box or a private mail box and use that as your new address.

It is very very easy and lawful for someone to request your new address from the Post Office
I would definitely use a motion sensor light fixture.Use one that can be adjusted to sense movement at a variety of ranges. If you want to go high tech get a micro-cam Place it in an inconspicuous location. Get one that you can use in conjunction with your computer so that you can view the location from your Laptop or Desk PC. Without having to look through windows or stand near doors to investigate noises or why your sensor activated lights went on. Or get a big dog at the pound. You saved his life he may return the favor one day..
Dual Brite scares them off. Criminals will go down the road. Put them everywhere. Neighbors could get pissed so adjust those.