Happy 4th of July!

Just wanted to wish everyone a safe and happy 4th of July!
It's actually Happy Independence Day! Number 236. Not only should we remember and thank the men and women who have served and currently serve to keep this nation free, but we should also remember the 53 men who risked death for simply signing their names to a document letting those in authority know that they didn't like the way the government was treating them and their consitutents, and that they were taking things into their own hands.
  • Sami
  • 07-04-2012, 06:57 AM
It's actually Happy Independence Day! Number 236. Not only should we remember and thank the men and women who have served and currently serve to keep this nation free, but we should also remember the 53 men who risked death for simply signing their names to a document letting those in authority know that they didn't like the way the government was treating them and their consitutents, and that they were taking things into their own hands. Originally Posted by fritz3552
56 men
But you are correct we all need to remember that without their bravery we would not be here today.
56 men
But you are correct we all need to remember that without their bravery we would not be here today. Originally Posted by ElamEno
Sorry - I'm in the 57th state today, so I was thrown off.
Damn! My M-80 went off in my hand again!
Remember guys, light the firecracker NOT attached to your body.
Happy 4th of July, hope everything goes of with a bang!
So where is biggest free fireworks display? I would like to say it would be in my bed tonight, but that is not the case.

Used to be with a lady who did big bangs in her yard and could view 4 city displays as well. But when you live on a hilltop ranch, every way is down.

So where do we go to see the biggest fireworks display for Independence Day - Independence MO?

http://www.kckidsfun.com/2012/06/kan...ireworks-2012/
the Missouri Side –
  • Fourth of July Celebration, Parkville, MO – parade at 10am; fireworks at 9:45pm; carnival from 11am to 11pm (Carnival actually runs from July 4th thru 7th)
  • KC Riverfest – Berkley Riverfront Park, KCMO – gates open at 1pm – festival food, live music, children’s area and FIREWORKS! Display begins at 10:05pm.
  • Excelsior Springs MO Fireworks– The Elms Resort and Spa – at dusk
  • Independence Day Celebration – Mormon Visitors Center, Independence, MO – concert at 8:30pm; fireworks begin at dusk
  • Jackson County 4th of July Appreciation Celebration – Longview Lake – skydivers, KC Royals alumni, live music, concessions (no pets or grills please). Gates open at 6pm; and the biggest fireworks display ever in Jackson County at dusk.
  • Gladstone MO Fireworks – Oak Grove Park, 76th & N. Troost – at dusk
  • Liberty4thFest, Liberty, MO – William Jewell College Campus – live music and children’s activities begin at 6pm; fireworks at 9:45pm (community parade on the Liberty square at 10am)
  • Smithville Lake (MO) Fireworks – north end of the Smithville Lake Dam, beginning at about 9pm
  • Platte City Family Fun and Fireworks – swimming, bike rodeo, TONS of activities during the day; music and fireworks at night – Platte County R-3 High School, Platte City, MO
  • Sugar Creek MO Fireworks – Heritage Philharmonic at 8pm; fireworks at 9:45pm at William Henry Harrison Park.
  • Raymore MO Fireworks – Recreation Park, Raymore, MO – live music and food beginning at 5pm; fireworks at 9:30pm
  • Harrisonville MO Fireworks – Harrisonville City Park – FIREWORKS at 9:30pm
  • Blue Springs MO Fireworks – Peve Stadium – gates open at 7:30pm, live entertainment from 8 to 9:30pm; fireworks at 9:30pm
  • Oak Grove MO Fireworks - Webb Park – kids’ activities and other stuff begins at 5pm; fireworks at 10pm
  • Worlds of Fun, Kansas City North – 10pm (tonight and every Saturday in July)
On the Kansas Side – Other events coming up
Don’t miss one of these great events:
  • Don’t miss the Parkville, Liberty, Platte City, KC Riverfest and Prairie Village daytime celebrations at the links listed above!
  • Missouri Town 1855 Independence Day – July 4th, 9am to 4:30pm – food, music, speeches and noon parade
  • Fort Osage – Sibley, MO – July 4th, 9am to 4:30pm – 1812-style Independence Day celebration with cannon and musket fire
  • Community Days Parade, Lenexa, KS – July 4th, beginning at 10am
  • Independence Day 19th Century Style -10 a.m. to 4 p.m. Join us for historic activities, 19th century baseball, music, a reading of the Declaration of Independence, and a cannon firing! Bring a picnic lunch and enjoy this all-American celebration. Free admission, suggested donations $2/adult, $1/child. Mahaffie Stagecoach Stop and Farm, 1200 Kansas City Rd., Olathe, www.mahaffie.org
NOTE: As has been the case for the last three years, there will be NO Lenexa/Shawnee fireworks display at Shawnee Mission Park this year.
Happy 4th Everybody!
Happy Independence Day everyone Don't forget what is really about.
Happy 4th of July!! Take time to thank those who have kept this country free and be safe!
Wichita cancelled it's community fireworks display for lack of funds this year, but it doesn't matter. You just have to go out on your porch and the sky is lit up all over town!
Happy 4th of July!! Take time to thank those who have kept this country free and be safe! Originally Posted by auburn jewel

I agree, with out those son's and daughter who have served and in some cases given the ultimate sacrifice we would be like Wichita - no comunity bang, just individual pops.

Wow Jewel, that is a new photo? Hope you are dreaming about me!