Democratic congressman wants to model our schools after madrasas

Indiana Congressman Andre' Carson decrying the education crisis in the US says that the country (yes, our country) should model our education system after a Muslim madrasas. He has a point. Our children are fat and lazy. We should model a physical fitness program after the Hitler Youth. Nazis and Muslims shall lead the way.

http://video.foxnews.com/v/172423817...ylist_id=86856
Are you one of the liberal teachers that are corrupting our children?
  • Old-T
  • 07-10-2012, 07:26 AM
We will never solve our education mess until we can get it out of the political food fight. The left wants to use the schools to teach morals and philosophy. The right wants to use the schools to teach different morals and philosophy. Each is too blind to see that they are closer to each other than they would admit.

Are you really arguing against physical fitness when the obesity problem in the US is as bad as it is? Or is being physically fit a liberal plot o undermine the country? Should that time be better spent teaching creationism?

Occasionally even bad people have a good idea.
I am demonstrating the same tasteless argument. We all know that Hitler believed in being physically fit ( to the point of killing the unfit, insane, and infirm) but maybe they had a good idea right???

So this democratic Congressman (he is one of yours) says that Madrasases do it better and maybe we can learn from them. Look how many scientific advances have come from Islamic culture in the last 700 years.
I am demonstrating the same tasteless argument. We all know that Hitler believed in being physically fit ( to the point of killing the unfit, insane, and infirm) but maybe they had a good idea right???

So this democratic Congressman (he is one of yours) says that Madrasases do it better and maybe we can learn from them. Look how many scientific advances have come from Islamic culture in the last 700 years. Originally Posted by JD Barleycorn
I remember when Obama told the administrator of NASA that his most important job was to make the Muslims feel good about their contributions to science. Obama has done some amazingly stupid things in the last three plus years, but in some ways that may be the stupidest. It really sounds more like something someone might jokingly accuse him of, rather than reality.

NASA administrator, Charles Bolden told Al Jazeera:

"perhaps foremost, he wanted me to find a way to reach out to the Muslim world and engage much more with dominantly Muslim nations to help them feel good about their historic contribution to science ... and math and engineering."

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2010...emost-mission/
Get the feds out of the school systems; local control will solve 99% of the problems. The feds and unions have destroyed most school systems.

Get rid of the Department of Education. Pay teachers based on performance. Let parents have more control AND hold them responsible for their children. Expand school choice.
Get the feds out of the school systems; local control will solve 99% of the problems. The feds and unions have destroyed most school systems.

Get rid of the Department of Education. Pay teachers based on performance. Let parents have more control AND hold them responsible for their children. Expand school choice. Originally Posted by Whirlaway

I refer you to COG thread about republicans being stupider than democrats.was posted today
Actually, Whirly has it right. Just because Republicans are idiots in Texas and Kansas doesn't mean we should continue to cede control of education to the Feds. School choice and no federal interference would greatly improve education.
  • WTF
  • 07-10-2012, 03:22 PM
I say we ought to do away with education from top to bottom. It ain't done you Tea Sippers a lick a good! Most of you still believe in the boogie man and that the earth is onlt 10k

I say we ought to do away with education from top to bottom. It ain't done you Tea Sippers a lick a good! Most of you still believe in the boogie man and that the earth is onlt 10k

Originally Posted by WTF
Who said the "Tea Sippers" were educated?
  • WTF
  • 07-10-2012, 03:32 PM
Who said the "Tea Sippers" were educated? Originally Posted by bigtex
Homeschooled, mindfuc's, Reaganomics, Vodoo....all the same thing

They have to learn three words before they graduate.

Tax Cuts

Deficits

Make it four, I forgot,

Commie
  • CJ7
  • 07-10-2012, 04:29 PM

So this democratic Congressman (he is one of yours) says that Madrasases do it better and maybe we can learn from them. Look how many scientific advances have come from Islamic culture in the last 700 years. Originally Posted by JD Barleycorn

its a damn good thing Hitler isnt around now or the TP'ers like JD would be insane piles of ashes
Does it make you feel better, CBJ7, to know that if Hitler were around now, TP'ers like JD would be "piles of ashes" and you'd be safe?
For CJ

sarcasm
Definition
sar·casm
[ sr kązzəm ]

NOUN

cutting language: remarks that mean the opposite of what they seem to say and are intended to mock or deride