keep your eye on the ball and keep hacking at the f'*!%r. And other tips for golf and life.

About 5 years ago I was trying to teach my daughter how to play golf (yes, the blind leading the blind there) and there was a point that I gave her that advice. Last week she used that pep talk to get through a final in a 400 level math class.

Today I was at the driving range and couldn't hit much past the 120 yard marker -- my grip is okay but my hands still got pretty tired about 80 balls into it - any tips? For golf and life....
If you haven't hit in awhile and went out and punished an entire large bucket, your hands are the least of your problems. You will wake up tomorrow sore in places you didn't know existed

As for advice...sometimes it is time to quit hacking and get some help. Take some lessons from a pro. Just like someone usually learns advanced math with the help of a professor, there is nothing wrong with getting some help on your stroke.
As for advice...sometimes it is time to quit hacking and get some help. Take some lessons from a pro. Just like someone usually learns advanced math with the help of a professor, there is nothing wrong with getting some help on your stroke. Originally Posted by atlcomedy
Word! And the best thing about taking lessons from a professional is that you will know know exactly what you did wrong -- after you do it.
Or you could go buy a new driver. I know folks who have a dozen or more trying to fix their ball flight. It is not a very effective method, but it is satisfying and less work.
  • WTF
  • 05-23-2010, 09:25 AM
If I played golf for a good score or a long drive....I would have quit the game long ago!
If I played golf for a good score or a long drive....I would have quit the game long ago! Originally Posted by WTF

LMAO damn WTF you left yourself wide open on this one but I am going to cut you some slack. And Sydney take atl's advice and go take some lessons from a pro. It makes the game so much more enjoyable when you are able to incorporate some of their lesson into bettering your game.
Don't stand so close to the ball..............after you hit it!!
If you haven't hit in awhile and went out and punished an entire large bucket, your hands are the least of your problems. You will wake up tomorrow sore in places you didn't know existed. Originally Posted by atlcomedy
actually, other than callusus, I feel pretty darn good. Yoga. Does a body good! Seriously, that would be my life lesson to share as a result of playing with golfing; yoga is amazing for your mind and spirit and its not for the wimps! If you guys want a challenge (and to look at hot women doing down dog); not a bad place to start...

As for advice..sometimes it is time to quit hacking and get some help. Take some lessons from a pro. ....., there is nothing wrong with getting some help on your stroke. Originally Posted by atlcomedy
Again, can be applied to golf and life. A little help from our friends (or paid experts ) never hurts your skill set!
My best tip for getting back into the game would be to start with your 7 Iron and move on to 5, 3, and Driver only when you became consistent with each club and in that order. Enjoy!
Even though I have all the right gear, I pretty much stick to driving the beer cart. When I golf, my strategy is to dig and hack up as much grass and dirt as I possibly can without throwing my clubs and inventing new cuss words.

It’s a spectator sport. The other players laugh at me, and I do soooo like to admire the long, muscled and tanned legs of the men playing.
It’s a spectator sport. The other players laugh at me, and I do soooo like to admire the long, muscled and tanned legs of the men playing. Originally Posted by OliviaHoward
You are a better woman than me. I'm out there sizing up their wallets and what club they belong to.
You are a better woman than me. I'm out there sizing up their wallets and what club they belong to. Originally Posted by Ansley
lol - I like legs A LOT.
I'm out there sizing up their wallets Originally Posted by Ansley
It can be eaiser to produce a buldge in your britches that way.
If you're not hitting it over 120 yards, its time to find another pastime.
its time to find another pastime. Originally Posted by Egrbvr

Or...hobby????