Is New Orleans ready?

• Dawgs
  • 08-27-2012, 07:05 AM
Looks like now they are saying that New Orleans might be ground zero for hurricane Isaac.
Looks like now they are saying that New Orleans might be ground zero for hurricane Isaac. Originally Posted by Dawgs
I saw the mayor of New Orleans, on the news, saying they could withstand a category 3 storm. He seemed pleased with that. Hurricanes go up to category 5, and he feels safe with a category 3 rating. It looks like New Orleans could be devastated again with a really bad, category four or five, hurricane.

Apparently, the local corrupt government has been stealing federal funds intended to improve the levees for decades.
If you remember the investigation Bill Clinton "borrowed" some of those funds too.
$14 billion "spent" on re-building the NOLA levee system.....knowing the Democrats and union thugs that control that city, most of it is likely stolen or wasted.
If you remember the investigation Bill Clinton "borrowed" some of those funds too. Originally Posted by JD Barleycorn

New Orleans is a one party Democrat city. It's been badly run for a long time. ACORN and SEIU have their national headquarters there, in the same building. If New Orleans floods again, I hope Houston doesn't take in the refugees like last time. Violent crime skyrocketed in Houston after Katrina. Most of them are still here, living on welfare, unless they're in jail.
LMAO at you three
we are so ready for the hurricane..................... ..my only problem is how to get my family of 3 grown kids,an SO,4 cats,me and a 2 year old in my pickup! lol
  • Dawgs
  • 08-27-2012, 11:02 AM
5 adults and one child, no problem. The 4 cats on the other hand may be interesting.
5 adults and one child, no problem. The 4 cats on the other hand may be interesting. Originally Posted by Dawgs
lol---i forgot - there also will be a carseat

and i have a topper on my truck,so no room back there
  • CJ7
  • 08-27-2012, 03:53 PM
LMAO at you three Originally Posted by ekim008

ditto
$14 billion "spent" on re-building the NOLA levee system.....knowing the Democrats and union thugs that control that city, most of it is likely stolen or wasted. Originally Posted by Whirlaway
Of course you ignore the findings that it would take over 550 billion to truly fix the levies.
No one is ignoring anything but just making the point that money goes in to that black hole and is never seen again whether it is $550 billion or $14 billion.
we are so ready for the hurricane..................... ..my only problem is how to get my family of 3 grown kids,an SO,4 cats,me and a 2 year old in my pickup! lol Originally Posted by DallasRain
its not a hurricane, its a Tropical Storm. its nothing more than a giant thunderstorm carrying lots of rain.