Good bye hobby land :(

Well I stepped out of the shower, having just shaved down below for my appointment today, to have my wife with my phone. She noticed that I had some unread emails and asked what ECCIE was? I said that it was spam. She looked it up on MY laptop and gained access to the site. Needless to say now she is looking at my bank accounts like an IRS audit. So for the time being I will have to lay real low. Sorry to the provider I was going to meet today. I have sent you a PM
DUDE! That sucks! I guess that you'll be canceling your account and changing your password to something completely random?
Oh! That sucks!
Sorry dude. That sucks chode!
Women's Intuistion sorry babe..
I'm sorry to hear that.... That really sux.
B U S T E D ( dang it) sorry for your lost
I feel for you! I hope your wife doesn't read your last post and put two and two together. Best wishes.
Awwww, very sorry to hear! I hope everything turns out ok.
Tough break, Mike. Hope she calms down.

Some tips. My SO isnt very tech inclined. So, on my laptop, I use Opera, without a desktop or toolbar icon, for my nefarious deeds.

I got Big Firefox and IE icons big as life in the middle of desktop. I actually use the firefox once every couple of days for innocent stuff. Opera dumps cookies and history whenever it closes.

I would appreciate phone, text security tips from others, as this is the weakness in my personal security. I think a 2nd phone causes as many security issues as it solves. Look at Walter White. Now, I just delete texts asap, mix the calls in with the regular calls, which works with a non suspicious SO who cant tear herself from her IPhone to nose around.
I'm surfing from my IPhone now, but have to figure out the funds situation. I agree that a second phone causes as many issues as it does fix. Hope to get squared away. She Dosent know my password. Firefox kept me logged in, stupid check box. Hope to get it figured out soon. New name to come...
Google Chrome, Firefox and Opera can be browsed using the "incognito" or privacy mode that doesnt record browsing histories, cookies, passwords. It's a pain to enter your sign in info every time but if you don't want an expensive divorce, it's worth the trouble.
Man sorry bro! I'll probably drop the hobby once I'm married just too much bs and a risk. But untill then!!!! Lol hopefully you can escape this one!
  • Laz
  • 09-24-2012, 02:13 PM
Just after reading this I got a Groupon offer for the following:

SurfEasy Private Web Browser

This compact and portable USB key grants the kind of online anonymity you can't get by photoshopping a goatee on your avatar. Using the same encryption processes as the world's leading banks, the device holds a personal web browser that securely stores passwords, bookmarks, and browsing history in a location that's inaccessible to online snoops. Plug it into computers at work or on the road or whip it out when perusing the labyrinthine halls of insecure WiFi hotspots.

Features

Compact USB key acts as a personal web browser
Securely stores passwords, bookmarks, and browsing history
Incorporates the same encryption processes as the world's leading banks
Protects private information from identity thieves and hackers
Provides online security when working on foreign computers, accessing insecure WiFi hotspots, and reading a CIA agent's X-Files fan fiction
Dimensions: 4.7''x3.4''x0.5''
Minimum system requirements: Windows 7, Vista, XP or Mac OS X version 10.6 or later (requires Intel-based Mac); USB port with read/write permissions; active Internet connection

Don't know anything else about it but it sounds like it would help some people.
I was thinking what Jed said in post #8. She doesn't need a login to see this thread.

Bummer, but perhaps this post is a wake-up call for others out there who are cavalier and let their guard down.

Good luck.