BBQ in KC

Well ate at a new place that is one of the best I;ve been to for a long time.

I usually do beef, pork and turkey/chicken, mulit sauces, beans and slaw.
Did not have time for all three meats for this time so I will have to go back soon for a full review.

Pulled pork 10
beef ?
Turkey/chickken ?
Chicago sauce 10
Sweet sauce 9 (Taylor;s sauce was an 11 the other night!)
Original 3
Slaw 8
Beans 7

Pretty good overall

Bandanna
www.bandanasbbq.com
Great price, great food good back for more as soon as the coast is clear!
What is your favorite? Found a new place? I needed a new AFT for bbq and other special events. That will be a different kind of review however!
On Noland Road?
That's the place, Noland Rd. and I-70. It's just a few blocks from me, but I still have yet to try it. They had some lunch specials that looked interesting on a sign.
wow--I was looking for a good bbq place....thanks!
wow--I was looking for a good bbq place....thanks! Originally Posted by DallasRain
In KC? Really? There's a good BBQ place on every corner.
It does get you spoiled to good BBQ here. I'm a KC native, and when I lived in NY back in the 90's what they tried to pass off as BBQ was lame... A least there were plenty of alternative foods.
Try Woodyard BBQ a block west of Lamar and Merriam Ln. It is to kill for. Babyback ribs are special as is the chicken.
lol--I tried gates---uckk!!!

I want that old fashioned kinda bbq shack!
Oklahoma Joes. 47th and Mission road. The best!!!
Well it would be nice to have a good list of peoples favorites that do some testing. I have done BBQ in Texas and other than one place by the Ft Worth Nascar track it was pretty bad. So even one suggest their favorite, and if I am still alive and not locked up, we can do a poll. Include address and websites. Local only or corperate as well? If it works, I will ask the mods and scc if they will stick it in the top of the sand box for future reference. Sound like a plan KC guys and gals?
lol--I tried gates---uckk!!!

I want that old fashioned kinda bbq shack! Originally Posted by DallasRain
..........i agree the first time i tried their sauce i thought it was old or spoiled. honestly i think kansas city is way over rated for bbq.. . i felt the same about Arthur Bryants sauce.
I did find a great mexican cafe...pancho's!
Okie Joes is no. 1. Smokehouse bbq in Indep. by the mall. They have a prime beef rib platter that is the best piece of meat ever. Think of a rib with a fist sized piece of prime beef on it. Holy damn its good!
  • KCJoe
  • 11-13-2012, 10:37 AM
Zarda's is my favorite just because I love the sauce.

Saw the show Diners, Drive-ins and Dives and he came to KC to different BBQ places. I tried a couple that he raved about and was really disappointed. If you've ever been in one of the BBQ contests they have around town, the quality is so far and above what you get in a resturant, that you will never be satisfied with them again.
  • Sarge
  • 11-13-2012, 11:23 AM
Gods, I miss KC. Even the worst bbq out there is still better than the best bbq out west.