New Jersey Governor Christie seeks 100 percent FEMA reimbursement for Sandy

Are you serious? And Republicans were begging this guy to run for President? No wonder they lose and keep losing. They're as big a bunch of moochers as the Democrats.

Man up, dude! It's your state, ergo, it's your problem. I'd encourage voluntary contributions and assistance, but you sent the non-union help packing. Still, forcing taxpayers from all over the country to help at a 100% level is ridiculous.

http://www.reuters.com/article/2012/...8B21I420121203
Are you serious? And Republicans were begging this guy to run for President? No wonder they lose and keep losing. They're as big a bunch of moochers as the Democrats.

Man up, dude! It's your state, ergo, it's your problem. I'd encourage voluntary contributions and assistance, but you sent the non-union help packing. Still, forcing taxpayers from all over the country to help at a 100% level is ridiculous.

http://www.reuters.com/article/2012/...8B21I420121203 Originally Posted by CuteOldGuy
They should get the same level of help as the other coastal states affected by bigu storms, like Ike and Katrina.

Nothing more. Nothing less.

But the federal government should demand some zoning law changes in return for its money. Start condemning the properties near oceans and rivers and refuse future building permits in those areas. Restore barrier beaches and islands.

http://www.reuters.com/article/2012/...8B21I420121203 Originally Posted by CuteOldGuy
Yeah! Man up! Get out there and get $40,000,000,000.00 in voluntary contributions and assistance to clean up that mess!

There's no way to raise $40 billion through charity COG and you know it. So....you're advocating that the wreckage be left in place and the areas destroyed by the storm simply be abandoned, right? Typical.

Krisp Krispy Creme is asking for the same thing every single other governor asks for in the wake of a natural disaster....assistance from the federal government (usually it's 75% of the damage). Which is the only entity in a position to be able to assist in a disaster of this magnitude. Sorry you are such heartless bastard. I bet if those grandkids you love so much were living in a tent near the Jersey Shore, you might think differently about it.
They wouldn't be there, Timmy, they'd be with me. That's what families and communities do. And please cite for me where in the Constitution it provides for disaster assistance? That is not the federal government's job.

And please remember, New Jersey turned away volunteers coming to help. Now they want my money. Where is their insurance? Where is the state's "rainy day" fund to help out in situations like this? Why is it only the federal government should bear the entire cost of restoration?

You want to be compassionate? It's easy to be compassionate with somebody else's money. You're the heartless one, because you don't want to be bothered with helping out. You want to force others to help out on your behalf.

If my house blows down, I don't get federal assistance. I get what my insurance pays, and have to make do with that. Why should New Jersey get federal assistance? Just because more than one house blew down?

And you know as well as I do that $40 billion of federal money will go mainly to line the pockets of politicians and contractors. The real cost of recovery will be much less, and could easily be covered by insurance and voluntary contributions.

And in case you hadn't noticed, the Federal government is OUT OF MONEY. So not only will we be borrowing this money, we will be paying interest on it for generations.

This is a local problem, and should be handled locally.
I once thought Christi would have some kind of future in the GOP; but I expect him to jump over to the Democrats..

BTW, look to the NJ labor unions to demand that others send money we don't have to the "Garden State".
  • CJ7
  • 12-04-2012, 12:29 PM
screw the americans who were wiped out by an act of nature, the Government is busy spending 12$ billion a month so some third world puke can have a purple thumb and vote
They wouldn't be there, Timmy, they'd be with me. That's what families and communities do. And please cite for me where in the Constitution it provides for disaster assistance? That is not the federal government's job. Really? Forever? What about their home? And their parents' jobs? And the destroyed infrastructure that allows homes and jobs exist? The kids move to Kansas and live with you until they graduate from college. I doubt it. Save the whacko "FEMA is unconstitutional" arguments for when you get together with your Ron Paul buddies to stomp puppies and kittens who are taking away your tax dollars at local animal shelters. FEMA was created by executive order and congress has outlined its rights and responsibilities. I'm unaware of any federal district or appellate court case that has declared it unconstitutional. If you've got a cite, send it my way.

And please remember, New Jersey turned away volunteers coming to help. Now they want my money. Where is their insurance? Where is the state's "rainy day" fund to help out in situations like this? Why is it only the federal government should bear the entire cost of restoration?
And what would the volunteers have done to prevent the storm damage? Filled sandbags? And, if you knew shit, you'd know that the vast majority of the damage that needs to be fixed is a result of flooding. Which is not covered by anybody's homeowners insurance. There is only one place you can get flood insurance....the federal government. And the limit of coverage is $250K.

You want to be compassionate? It's easy to be compassionate with somebody else's money. You're the heartless one, because you don't want to be bothered with helping out. You want to force others to help out on your behalf.
Do you even recognize how stupid and heartless you sound? I am helping out, those tax dollars belong to me too dumbass, believe me, I pitch in more than my fair share. Lots of it gets spent on shit that you probably support that I vehemently disagree with. Sorry, it's part of the social contract. My candidate got elected, my government has a FEMA designed to help people out in these circumstances and I'm fucking sorry for you that you disagree. Tough shit.

If my house blows down, I don't get federal assistance. I get what my insurance pays, and have to make do with that. Why should New Jersey get federal assistance? Just because more than one house blew down?
Really? If a tornado blows through that flat-as-a-table hellhole that you live in and knocks over your house, your neighbors' houses and your entire town, you don't get federal assistance? Think again, moron. Google "Greensburg, Kansas" and FEMA and educate yourself.

And you know as well as I do that $40 billion of federal money will go mainly to line the pockets of politicians and contractors. The real cost of recovery will be much less, and could easily be covered by insurance and voluntary contributions.
I don't know that at all. And the statement that the losses "could easily be covered by insurance and voluntary contributions" is so silly, it's laughable. As I noted, the vast majority of the damage is from flooding. There isn't any insurance for most of those who suffered losses. And there isn't going to be any $40 billion dollars in voluntary contributions. You make those statements to try to make it sound like you are not the heartless bastard that you truly are and that you're not advocating a position that leaves all those people in New Jersey with no or very little help...that there is some other solution to the problem other than government intervention. Just makes you look heartless AND like a liar.

And in case you hadn't noticed, the Federal government is OUT OF MONEY. So not only will we be borrowing this money, we will be paying interest on it for generations.
We're paying $300 million a day to hang around Afghanistan. We can afford to spend 120 days worth on New Jersey.
This is a local problem, and should be handled locally. Originally Posted by CuteOldGuy
pffft
Timmy, the only way, that is, THE ONLY WAY to save this country from economic, political and social collapse, is to reign in the government to it's Constitutional boundaries. If you want an all-powerful State, you will probably get it. No freedom, but the State will be everything.

Greensburg is a good case in point. Why was the Federal government involved with that? Like I said, if one house gets blown down, too bad, sucker. If a bunch get blown down, then the Feds come in and help. How much sense does that make? Sorry, but Greensburg was a Kansas problem. Not a Texas problem, or Maine problem. It was a Kansas problem.

And why should the Jersey Shore get Federal money? Those people are rich, and they can afford to rebuild on their own. You're the hypocrite, Timmy. First you want to tax them because they have too much, then you want to give them money because their house was blown down, along with some others.

And yes, some of those tax dollars are yours. Why does that give you the right to demand that I give up my money to help people you think need it more than me?

You are part of the problem with this country, Timmy. You don't respect or understand liberty, therefore you are contributing to its loss. But you call it "being compassionate". In truth, it's tyranny.

BTW, we can't afford Afghanistan, either. Just because we waste money in one area, doesn't mean we can waste money in all areas.
  • CJ7
  • 12-04-2012, 04:10 PM
Staten Island people are rich?

http://www.city-data.com/city/Staten...-New-York.html

good lord you say some dumb shit
Boone Pickens gave $165 Million to OSU instead of giving to Katrina victims. He was even able to make them re-invest it in his hedge fund which lost it. Knowing he had already taken a big PR hit, Boone decided to pay it back to OSU. The fucker tried to give it just to the golf team but a school rule prevented that.
  • Laz
  • 12-04-2012, 10:12 PM
If the government did not provide and subsidize flood insurance other insurance companies would. The price would be higher but that just means the only people buying in those areas would be those that can afford the risk. If they can't afford the risk and buy there anyway why should anyone else bail them out.

The federal government should not need to be involved even after the disaster. As for damage to roads and such the state should easily be able to handle that. They also could buy insurance to cover losses that are extreme.

The only possible role the federal government should have is maybe emergency support until the repair crews have the opportunity to repair the infrastructure needed for basic life support.
Boone Pickens gave $165 Million to OSU instead of giving to Katrina victims. He was even able to make them re-invest it in his hedge fund which lost it. Knowing he had already taken a big PR hit, Boone decided to pay it back to OSU. The fucker tried to give it just to the golf team but a school rule prevented that. Originally Posted by Little Stevie
what the fuck are you talking about???

yea, he had a hedge fund and lost it but still gave $300,000(?) to make up part of it

and he did give a couple of mil to the golf course

but no school rule prevented that

as to Katrina read this, you stupid fucking donkey

http://www.time.com/time/nation/arti...218884,00.html

thank you T Boone
Staten Island people are rich?

http://www.city-data.com/city/Staten...-New-York.html

good lord you say some dumb shit Originally Posted by CJ7
COG said Jersey Shore folks are rich, not Staten Islanders. SI is in NY.

But, even so, Staten Island is wealthier than the other parts of NYC in that link you posted. And house values doubled between 2000 and 2009.

So, they ain't doing bad, relatively speaking.