Ever Wonder Why We Are Constantly At War?

"Of all the enemies to public liberty war is, perhaps, the most to be dreaded, because it comprises and develops the germ of every other. War is the parent of armies; from these proceed debts and taxes; and armies, and debts, and taxes are the known instruments for bringing the many under the domination of the few." ~James Madison
George W. Bush, Dick Cheney and Donald Rumsfeld?
People like the old fart wanting to impose their ideas and beliefs on the rest of the world.
It's good business and good for business. Just ask Brown'n'Root.
Yeah. Impose freedom and liberty. How awful is that?
On the other hand, if we go isolationist, the world will be left to the tender mercies of the Chinese, the Russians, and the Islamists. We're about to find out what happens when America ceases to be the world's policeman. We can't afford to be a super power anymore. I think it's about to get very ugly.

It's going to be Dodge City without Marshal Dillon.
It's going to be Dodge City without Marshal Dillon. Originally Posted by joe bloe
Sounds to me like a true World Libertarian's Dream.
Sorry, Joe. It's not our job, unless our interests are directly affected. We need a lean, strong military designed to defend us, not every little tinhorn dictator who hates us while taking our money. Madison's logic is sound, and is timeless.
Yeah. Impose freedom and liberty. How awful is that? Originally Posted by CuteOldGuy

Yep, do it our way or we will kill you...
On the other hand, if we go isolationist, the world will be left to the tender mercies of the Chinese, the Russians, and the Islamists. We're about to find out what happens when America ceases to be the world's policeman. We can't afford to be a super power anymore. I think it's about to get very ugly.

It's going to be Dodge City without Marshal Dillon. Originally Posted by joe bloe
Many of the difficulties we're experiencing in the world right now, and have historically experienced, are precisely the result of that attitude. Sorry, but this isn't the Old West, and the US isn't Marshall Dillon. Trying to be the world's policeman has brought us a lot more trouble and heartache than it has any benefit.
Yep, do it our way or we will kill you... Originally Posted by i'va biggen
When have I EVER said that? C'mon, bigmouth. Show me where I said we must kill to achieve liberty here or anywhere else.

C'mon, stupidest poster here, where is it? Link to to it.

Gawd, you are out of your league here.
Sorry, Joe. It's not our job, unless our interests are directly affected. We need a lean, strong military designed to defend us, not every little tinhorn dictator who hates us while taking our money. Madison's logic is sound, and is timeless. Originally Posted by CuteOldGuy
The world is a much smaller place than it was in the days of the founders. I wonder if Madison would still hold the same beliefs today.

We watched Hitler ravage Europe with the belief that it was none of our business. Had we joined in the fight earlier, millions of lives could have been saved.

Whether we should continue with the same military strategy or not is a moot point. We are going to dramatically cut back on military spending and military intervention because we have no choice. Nature abhors a vacuum. The vacuum we leave behind is going to get filled by countries with far less benign intentions than us.
When have I EVER said that? C'mon, bigmouth. Show me where I said we must kill to achieve liberty here or anywhere else.

C'mon, stupidest poster here, where is it? Link to to it.

Gawd, you are out of your league here. Originally Posted by CuteOldGuy

Gee you are sensitive.As I said before I won't be the dumbest poster here till you die.No that is not a wish just a statement.
We know what you said, and you can't prove it, because it never happened. You are really not ready for this league.
Let the French do it.