And Southerners wonder why they have a certain reputation....

• Old-T
  • 02-18-2013, 08:41 AM
http://news.yahoo.com/thanks-lincoln...024920825.html Originally Posted by Old-T
Not really relevant to anything.

There are a LOT of these types of situations in the law. Once an issue is decided one way by a majority of the states and it becomes the law of the land, most of the remaining states don't bother to clean up the law books. It is expensive and pointless as that point.

There are a LOT of states, including many of the more liberal ones, that still have anti-sodomy laws on the books, even though Supreme Court decisions have made them unenforceable. But most legislatures don't typically bother to repeal them, they just don't enforce them.
So it took a GOP governor, a GOP senate, and a GOP house to pull this off? Shame on those democrats who lost their power.
  • Old-T
  • 02-18-2013, 02:54 PM
Not really relevant to anything.

There are a LOT of these types of situations in the law. Once an issue is decided one way by a majority of the states and it becomes the law of the land, most of the remaining states don't bother to clean up the law books. It is expensive and pointless as that point.

There are a LOT of states, including many of the more liberal ones, that still have anti-sodomy laws on the books, even though Supreme Court decisions have made them unenforceable. But most legislatures don't typically bother to repeal them, they just don't enforce them. Originally Posted by ExNYer
Actually, since reputations are more about perception than anything else, I think it is relevant. I would be the first to admit not all perception is reality, but it does make a statement. Not all southerners are the same by any stretch--but sometimes states should fix laws on the books--or in this case, vote for the amendment even though it does not change the legal sutuation--lest people believe Mississippii is filled with Jessie Helms think-alikes.
So it took a GOP governor, a GOP senate, and a GOP house to pull this off? Shame on those democrats who lost their power. Originally Posted by JD Barleycorn
Hell's bells, cocker shells, Corneyhole can hit a nice, fat, floating softball. It's a shame you couldn't get it out of the infield.
To my knowledge, in Alabama the sale of sexual toys is still illegal.
Georgia only lifted its sodomy laws within the past few years.
Georgia only lifted its sodomy laws within the past few years. Originally Posted by Chica Chaser
No, not recently. Georgia got rid of it somewhere between 1989 and 2002.

They won Bowers v. Hardwick in 1986

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bowers_v._Hardwick,

But Lawrence v. Texas got rid of the remaining sodomy statues in the 13 states that still had them in 2003 - and Georgia wasn't one of the last 13.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sodomy_..._United_States
Georgia only lifted its sodomy laws within the past few years. Originally Posted by Chica Chaser

That's just fascinating.

I'd love to see a bunch of moderators on Jeopardy....I mean the shit you guys know is incredible. No wonder you get paid so much.

Is there like cliff notes you study or do they send you off for training?
  • Seedy
  • 02-18-2013, 08:30 PM
LMMFAO. Llama, your fuckin killin me
So it took a GOP governor, a GOP senate, and a GOP house to pull this off? Shame on those democrats who lost their power. Originally Posted by JD Barleycorn
This is so true...fuckers...LOL
No, not recently. Georgia got rid of it somewhere between 1989 and 2002.

They won Bowers v. Hardwick in 1986

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bowers_v._Hardwick,

But Lawrence v. Texas got rid of the remaining sodomy statues in the 13 states that still had them in 2003 - and Georgia wasn't one of the last 13.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sodomy_..._United_States Originally Posted by ExNYer
Its been that long since I lived there? Wow time flies, it was a big local story at the time. I celebrated by receiving my first legal blowjob and the banged her in the ass.

That's just fascinating.

I'd love to see a bunch of moderators on Jeopardy....I mean the shit you guys know is incredible. No wonder you get paid so much.

Is there like cliff notes you study or do they send you off for training? Originally Posted by TheDaliLama

And I'm the dumb one of the bunch, you should see the Col. in action. Yeah pay sucks, but the benefits are non-existent.
That's just fascinating.

Is there like cliff notes you study or do they send you off for training? Originally Posted by TheDaliLama
I will take assup for $1000
I will take assup for $1000 Originally Posted by cptjohnstone
I always suspected that you were a Log Cabin variety, Foot Tapping Republicant.
I still think it is illegal to be publicly turgid in Mississippi.
How about a Fredrick Douglas Republican?