A new democratic bill: Let law enforcement search your home

Ahhh, the west coast. Land of liberal freedom, pot smoking, wife swapping, no strings, no guilt freedom. Anything goes on the west coast whether you are in California or Washington. Unless you're a gun owner! Democratic law makes have put forth a bill to allow the police to the homes of assault weapon owners to "check" on them. Those crazy democrats. Even some liberals have come out against this but many others....

http://seattletimes.com/html/localne...neat17xml.html
What if you're in Oregon?
LOL, talk about there being no "there" there.....

The first freaking line of the article is all anyone needs to know about this tempest in a teapot. Dang, there sure are a lot of things that penetrate your tinfoil hat, Corneyhole. Now, whether or not those wonders in Washington State need to draw any pay for this session due to this little seisure of incompetence, that's another story.

Back to swabbing the gym floor, Corneyhole.! Break time's over.
  • Seedy
  • 02-18-2013, 03:16 PM
Well r4c, you need to take the bong out of your mouth, and the pvc pipe out of your ass, and read the fucking article.
Well r4c, you need to take the bong out of your mouth, and the pvc pipe out of your ass, and read the fucking article. Originally Posted by seedman55
No, wrong AGAIN, seedly.
Actually, r4c, this is NOT a "tempest in a teapot", but you have to do your homework to figure it out.

The sponsors of this bill have introduced it THREE (3) times, this being the third one. On ALL THREE (3) OCCASIONS, the unConstitutional search language was in the bill.

Goldfinger's Rule tells us "Once is happenstance. Twice is coincidence. Three times is enemy action." This bill qualifies, even under a strict application of the rule.

But you go right ahead and keep believing the Democrat sponsors of the bill don't have the slightest idea how that language got in there.
  • WTF
  • 02-18-2013, 06:51 PM
Actually, r4c, this is NOT a "tempest in a teapot", but you have to do your homework to figure it out.
. Originally Posted by Sidewinder
Yes it is...it would never pass. Do you know how many stupid bills that are brought up in various State Houses?

They can introduce it a 100 times, it will not pass constitutional mustard
Like the gun bans in Chicago, New York City and Washington DC?

This sounds pretty familiar, don't you think?
I spoke to two of the sponsors. One, Sen. Adam Kline, D-Seattle, a lawyer who typically is hyper-attuned to civil-liberties issues, said he did not know the bill authorized police searches because he had not read it closely before signing on.

“I made a mistake,” Kline said. “I frankly should have vetted this more closely.”

That lawmakers sponsor bills they haven’t read is common. Still, it’s disappointing on one of this political magnitude. Not counting a long table, it’s only an eight-page bill.
The Pacific Northwest is NOT the West Coast ....
Another example of WAY too much caffeine.
New York state had a similar section until it was discovered, ditto Iowa and Illinois. All written by and sponsored by democrats. If someone tries to shoot me and the gun jams I don't give them a pass. If a politician wants to unconstitutionally confiscate guns (and fails) why do you want to give them a pass? I guess the four in Missouri are just as guilty. That is the crime; democrats in multiple states are violating their oaths of office and should be removed or voted out at the least.
Like the gun bans in Chicago, New York City and Washington DC?

This sounds pretty familiar, don't you think? Originally Posted by Chica Chaser
Goldfinger's Rule.
Yes it is...it would never pass. Do you know how many stupid bills that are brought up in various State Houses?

They can introduce it a 100 times, it will not pass constitutional mustard Originally Posted by WTF
First, the word is "muster". "Mustard" is what you put on your hamburger.

Second, there've been a lot of stupid bills brought up over the history of the nation that DID get passed, regardless of whether they were Constitutional or not. Take a look at the old hypnosis law in Indiana, that sunsetted recently. Consider the US assault weapons ban, that sunsetted a few years ago, and remember that Pelosi et al are determined to pass another one, this time much nastier and with no sunset provision.

I do not share your faith that this bill would "never" pass.

That's why you shed light on these things.

A new Avatar, what do you think?
First, the word is "muster". "Mustard" is what you put on your hamburger. Originally Posted by Sidewinder
LIAR! You put mustard on a hot dog, not a hamburger.

Geez, why do I bother?