wildflowers

I am a big wildflower fan. so far this year's crop seems a little sparse. Is it too early or too dry this year? any good flowers out your direction? anyone have a fave area to see wild flowers you always go to? what wildflower do u like best? I love Drummonds phlox which u only see out east and little south of Austin in the sandy soil.
I live in Brenham , and they are sparce . Usually peak 1st week of April . But I heard lack of rain will be causing a low yield year , and a late crop . I like the Bluebonnets and Indian Paintbrush together . When those are covering good , the purple and orange are really colorful !
Yes, sparse rain in January and early February make for sparse wildflowers. And the area that Rocker is in is usually one of the best.
Yes, pretty disappointing. There are a lot of coreopsis on Mopac, but that's about it. Drove to Castroville this past weekend and West of San Antonio was like a desert. Today's rain might help with whatever makes it appearance next.
There's a pretty good showing of bluebonnets between Austin, Llano and Brady on 71 - nothing like two years ago, though.
Out towards Rices Crossing, its beautiful country side and when the flowers bloom its amazing!
2 miles east of Chappell Hill on 290 E. Today ! Field extended about .25 to .5 mile in each direction .

That is beautiful Rockerrick!