A Car That Runs On Air, Water: Here's How It Works

Amazing! I wonder how long it will take for the oil companies to manufacture a scandal and scrub the technology?
Amazing! I wonder how long it will take for the oil companies to manufacture a scandal and scrub the technology? Originally Posted by CuteOldGuy
And how exactly does one "scrub" technology?

And people have scandals, not technology. So how is a scandal going to derail this if it actually works.

Did the video mention how much energy it takes to manufacture the aluminum plates? The plates are eventually eaten away and must be replaced as part of the fuel.

No mention about whether the energy to make the aluminum is added into the fuel estimates of the car.
I usually don't get on board with the silly old man's bizarre paranoid fantasies but this one has legs. Doesn't it strike you as odd that we've been unable to develop a cost-effective mode of individual transportation not based on fossil fuel?
I usually don't get on board with the silly old man's bizarre paranoid fantasies but this one has legs. Doesn't it strike you as odd that we've been unable to develop a cost-effective mode of individual transportation not based on fossil fuel? Originally Posted by timpage
http://www.fueleconomy.gov/feg/quizzes/answerQuiz16.shtml

Logistics, logistics, logistics.
We already have the vehicles and technology.
We don't have the infrastructure.
As of 2004, there were approximately 168,000 gas stations that sold fuel to the public.

We need similar numbers of alternative fueling stations.

Here is a lot of the comparative info needed.

http://www.afdc.energy.gov/
You have got to wonder what the price point would be. Plus, the cost of replacing the Aluminum plates ...
And how exactly does one "scrub" technology?

And people have scandals, not technology. So how is a scandal going to derail this if it actually works.

Did the video mention how much energy it takes to manufacture the aluminum plates? The plates are eventually eaten away and must be replaced as part of the fuel.

No mention about whether the energy to make the aluminum is added into the fuel estimates of the car. Originally Posted by ExNYer
I agree the energy input to manufacture the aluminum could be greater and more expensive than gasoline used to go the same number of miles. But the range for an electric car, if it doesn't use too much water, is interesting
I usually don't get on board with the silly old man's bizarre paranoid fantasies but this one has legs. Doesn't it strike you as odd that we've been unable to develop a cost-effective mode of individual transportation not based on fossil fuel? Originally Posted by timpage
Plug in electric cars are cost effective but don't have much range. Solve electricity storage issues in batteries and you will be more famous than Thomas Edison or Nicky Tesla.